GT 500 Details

Cman01

hello
Established Member
I'll check my mail next week for your house deed!!!! LOL! All good, no worries.

BTW, latest video I posted up courtesy of my friends on CF (gotta check to see what the enemy has to say about the latest stallion).
Turns out that vid was already posted...…….oops!

Last edited:

Kaneda

BANNED
Established Member
For those manual guys sad...trust me, with this much power you will welcome the DCT Auto. Thought I'd miss manual in my Demon but the 8-speed shifts faster than any human could. And the Ford GT500 tranny is even faster than what's in my Dodge.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Just to remind people.

Demon

0-60: 2.1
0-100: 5.1
1/4 9.65@140

Course nobody has ever gotten those times, ever. But my penis grows when I say them :).

The GT500 is going to be a beast. But my Demon with race fuel will walk it.
right until someone pullies down to 18 psi (from the factory 12) and runs the same fuel. lmao

SixPak

Established Member
Found this this morning while channel surfing;

Ford Debuts Most Powerful Mustang Ever

On Monday in Detroit, Ford unveiled the most powerful vehicle it’s ever made: the 2020 Shelby GT500.

The high-performance Mustang variant comes with a supercharged 5.2-liter V-8 and more than 700 horsepower. (That’s considerably more brawny, for instance, than the 460-hp Mustang GT and the 526-hp Shelby GT350R.) It can get to 60 mph in just over three seconds and claims the best track times of any Mustang ever built, Ford Motor Co. executives said at the debut. It also has the largest brakes of any domestic sport coupe the company has made and, in a first for the segment, a seven-speed dual-clutch transmission that allows drivers to shift gears in the blink of an eye.

Don’t test drive one unless you’re ready to buy one, sometime next fall BTW.

whiplash306

Established Member
....snore fest for the debut, on all accounts. Have to agree with most everything Zyborg has said up to this point. This car will hopefully out accelerate the ZL1 1LE (or plain ZL1 auto for that matter), but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if it can't out handle it. Further, if the acceleration snippets that we've seen thus far are a true indication of its max potential in stock trim, it's dismally slow compared to even my Hellcat Charger (stock)...and because of that, I definitely doubt it'll out accelerate the ZL1 auto. I dunno. I'm terribly suspicious of all that I've seen thus far. Everything just isn't adding up.... Performance figures don't jive (0-60 vs. 1/4 mile) and acceleration videos certainly don't support, at least "visually", the 1/4 mile capacity claimed.... ALL OF THE ABOVE SAID, I sincerely hope I'm wrong on ALL accounts!

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
....snore fest for the debut, on all accounts. Have to agree with most everything Zyborg has said up to this point. This car will hopefully out accelerate the ZL1 1LE (or plain ZL1 auto for that matter), but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if it can't out handle it. Further, if the acceleration snippets that we've seen thus far are a true indication of its max potential in stock trim, it's dismally slow compared to even my Hellcat Charger (stock)...and because of that, I definitely doubt it'll out accelerate the ZL1 auto. I dunno. I'm terribly suspicious of all that I've seen thus far. Everything just isn't adding up.... Performance figures don't jive (0-60 vs. 1/4 mile) and acceleration videos certainly don't support, at least "visually", the 1/4 mile capacity claimed.... ALL OF THE ABOVE SAID, I sincerely hope I'm wrong on ALL accounts!

I think that; although, the launch was a fail. The car itself will be killer. No doubt in my mind that it will be faster in a straight line than a stock ZL1 and Hellcat. I feel it will be as fast as a stock Redeye at the strip. I also feel it will be right there with a ZL1 1LE at a roadcourse. Possibly a tiny bit faster (less than .5 sec).

The car is no doubt a WIN in my mind. It now truly combines the BEST of both worlds. Most well rounded car in the world, IMO. Best bang for the buck, there is none, I feel.

Kaneda

BANNED
Established Member

Slow compared to Hellcat Charger? WTF are you basing this on? It's lighter, more powerful and with faster shifts and better aero.

They have not released any official numbers and it's clearly not WOT on that video. Seriously so stupid to call this car DISMALLY SLOW. Like huh?

snakecharmer

Established Member
I wonder what chevy's response will be in 3 months now that the camaro isnt top dog at anything again lol

Those of us in the bow-tie camp hope it means a Z/28 with an LT5. :)

I like the GT500 minus a couple of things. The black bar needs to be body colored. Easily fixed. Also not a fan of the snake in the middle, but that's not a big dislike. And I'd rather have old fashioned gauges instead of the star wars dash.

Would definitely buy. Just not at what the dealer scum will want for it.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member

Yeah, no. Vs. hellcat GT500 has more 50 more horsepower , is 200 lb lighter and has much better transmission. Hard to see how it is slower.

blk02edge

Established Member
Those of us in the bow-tie camp hope it means a Z/28 with an LT5. :)

I like the GT500 minus a couple of things. The black bar needs to be body colored. Easily fixed. Also not a fan of the snake in the middle, but that's not a big dislike. And I'd rather have old fashioned gauges instead of the star wars dash.

Would definitely buy. Just not at what the dealer scum will want for it.
I want to see the Z/28 still NA plus a DCT and hell yes on the classic guages, really dislike the computer screens

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Just to remind people.

Demon

0-60: 2.1
0-100: 5.1
1/4 9.65@140

Course nobody has ever gotten those times, ever. But my penis grows when I say them :).

The GT500 is going to be a beast. But my Demon with race fuel will walk it.
Skinnies no other seats sticky tires VHT for 1000 ft. Race fuel negative density it may be a race. 133 in normal conditions by normal drivers is hauling ass!

Thinking about it, that what most stock demon owners run. Damn skippy!

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Someone here has to be able to photoshop the Snake off-center, and leave the grille-bar black, but make the “GT500” red.

Yum.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I was thinking it would do 10.75@135 in most conditions. Post today by Sid197 talked about it having already gone 10.8@133.

This is a fast factory car. 9’s with bolt ons on drag radials cake. Hell, just the sport cup 2’s with bolt ons should hit 9’s.

Stock carbon package with a race fuel tune, slicks and 20” skinnies(? Does such a wheel even exist?) should hit 9’s.

I could see it hitting 1:33’s at Leguna. That is 1 second faster than a zl1 1le and 1 second slower than a c7 zr1

Best bang for the buck car out there.

blk02edge

Established Member
I was thinking it would do 10.75@135 in most conditions. Post today by Sid197 talked about it having already gone 10.8@133.

This is a fast factory car. 9’s with bolt ons on drag radials cake. Hell, just the sport cup 2’s with bolt ons should hit 9’s.

Stock carbon package with a race fuel tune, slicks and 20” skinnies(? Does such a wheel even exist?) should hit 9’s.

I could see it hitting 1:33’s at Leguna. That is 1 second faster than a zl1 1le and 1 second slower than a c7 zr1

Best bang for the buck car out there.
I agree with your estimates. But yea where you going to find a front runner that fits over a 16.5" rotor? Are skinnies really worth that much time?

14 GT500
Established Member
So I watched a few more vids and its not a flat plane motor. They went traditional. Probably because of the forced induction. I really want to see numbers on this thing. From 0-60 its similar to the 13/14 GT500. The quarter will be quicker and it will handle much better. Can't wait until we see some real tests

Users who are viewing this thread