GT being built in September!!!

00 Cobra R

Established Member
Yellow/Black Ford GT will be built 9/05/05. Keeping the 00 "R" but will have to sell the 65 fastback to make room. Oh well, this is going to be fun :banana:

scottmartin

lets get ready to rumble!
Established Member
00 Cobra R said:
Yellow/Black Ford GT will be built 9/05/05. Keeping the 00 "R" but will have to sell the 65 fastback to make room. Oh well, this is going to be fun :banana:
ok, tell the truth here!!! you dont have to sell the 65. you may wanna but dont hafta!! the real question is , will the banana gt see the track? :pepper: :pepper: scott

00 Cobra R

Established Member
I really do need to sell the 65 (wife). I wish I could tell you the GT would see the track but I don't even have the nerve to track the 00 "R". Scott Martin gives me a hard time all the time about going to the track but I'm so particular about my cars I couldn't enjoy it. I will run it up from time to time but tracking it is not in it's future. I ordered yellow and really had a hard time deciding on color. Alot of red ones, white was pretty but not my color and the dark colors show scratches. What do you guys think? I know yellow is more rare but I hope it's the right color. I did load it up with all options so the stripes are on it.

01kotaRT

Established Member
awesome choice man and congrats on the purchase, what part of MO are you from, maybe ill see you around sometime. :beer:

scottmartin

Established Member
gt

well mike, i am not so particular about the cars i drive on the track. i will be glad to break it in for you!! :poke: :poke: :poke: heck i'd be willing to drive it on I35!!!! yellow is the best color. scott

Last edited:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
That's ok. To each his own. As long as you don't mind a little friendly ribbing once in a while?!?! :poke:

I thought red was my favorite color (what the heck, most of my other cars are red!!) but white is starting to grow on me. I have not seen blue in person though? (I think they make a blue?!?!)

Yellow is a good color for a fast car as long as you like being seen from a mile away by Smokey Bear! ;-)

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
congrats! :thumbsup:

I like the dark blue/white stripe version, as well as the gulf color combo....silver with black stripes is nice looking also....

don't be afraid of tracking it, as there is probably alot higher chance of damage coming from street driving....track events are controlled environments, whereas there are alot more unknowns out on the public roadways....

00 Cobra R

Established Member
01KOTA RT,
I'm from Excelsior Springs Mo., about 25 miles northeast of K.C. As for you Scott, I've seen a little of your handy work. You might get me out there some time. Hey, the 65 just sold to a local guy. It took very little time. I'll miss that one!

scottmartin

Established Member
00 Cobra R said:
01KOTA RT,
As for you Scott, I've seen a little of your handy work.
wow, you know how to hit a guy when he's down!! :poke: one man's burns are another mans body shop work!! :poke: keep sanding!! :banana: scott

93SVTCobra

Established Member
I'm partial to new 06 Silver with grey stripes or else the dark blue with no stripes. Do you have a vin number for your car? I'll go over any watch it get built......

TXRickC

Established Member
Congrats on the upcoming purchase :)

Our local dealership has their 3rd Ford GT in and it's Yellow. Looks good on the GT. They are bee/fly magnets when they are sitting still (I had a yellow mustang previously)

00 Cobra R

Established Member
Mark,
Thanks for your help. My vin# is 1FAPP90S55Y401814 . Do you work for Ford or Saleen? I would like to know the status so that I may fly in to watch some of the build or the completion of the vehicle. I really appreciate your help! I used to fly into detroit and watch the build on my Vipers when I owned those. I'm actually a Ford dealer and thought now that the GT was out I would get back to the "Blue Oval" products and show them that Dodge has nothing on us. Let me know what you find out.....................Thanks Mike

Users who are viewing this thread