Gt Owners-Can you get pictures of the undercarraige

2004 Cobra

Mad Stock 04 Cobra
Established Member
Hello everyone. I was wondering if any GT owners have or can get pictures of the undercarraige of the car. Mainly the rear air foils? I am not sure what they are called specifically, but I am sure you know what I mean.

Thanks

fordification

Established Member
rear defuser.

I wouldn't mind some really obscure pics too. Like under the front hood showing the cooling system, or the glove box, or the center sub between the seats, or all around the engine compartment. Ya, I'm obsessed.

On another note, I saw/touched an Enzo today. my god those things are sweet.

Florida Chris

Established Member
Here's the requested photos. Note: There is no glove box, just an airbag in it's place.

diffuser17lm.jpg

diffuser21ym.jpg

cooling14mt.jpg

centersub8mh.jpg

gloveboxnot2jg.jpg

Last edited:

2004 Cobra

Mad Stock 04 Cobra
Established Member
Sweet. Thanks. This is awesome. If anyone ever gets one up on a lift-for an oil change or whatever. Can you take a ton of pictures there too.

fordification

Established Member
Great shots! Thanks alot Chris!

Glove box, what was I thinking. :rolleyes:

Jeremy Clarkson from Top Gear brought his onto the show. He mentioned the problems on the width restricted streets where he was to wide to pass. Course, most fullsize american vehicles would have problems.

I imagine the spare tire would be in that front compartment. Or is there? I don't think I remember seeing any shots directly under the hood. Again thanks for the shots!

2004 Cobra

Mad Stock 04 Cobra
Established Member
Florida Chris said:
No spare on the car. A can of sealant and a 12v air compressor are supplied. There is a spot under the front hood for this kit. See photos below:

spare11ul.jpg

spare27vx.jpg
thanks for the pics. awesome

barondw

Established Member
I imagine the spare tire would be in that front compartment. Or is there? I don't think I remember seeing any shots directly under the hood. Again thanks for the shots![/QUOTE]

Think about for a minute. The front and rear tires are different sizes. The fronts are 235/45 on 18" and the rears 315/40 on 19" rims. The amount of space needed for a spare would be enomrous.

This is normal for supercars. The Corvette has no spare, the Viper has no spare, etc. Some have run flats but true high performance tires are generally not run flats.

fordification

Established Member
Thanks Chris!

There looks to be quite a bit of storage room. I thought I remember on one of the reviews someone saying there wasn't even room for a briefcase. It almost looks like you could fit a golf bag in there.

Florida Chris

Established Member
fordification said:
Thanks Chris!

There looks to be quite a bit of storage room. I thought I remember on one of the reviews someone saying there wasn't even room for a briefcase. It almost looks like you could fit a golf bag in there.

The photos are deceiving. What you cannot see is that the front hood slopes down into this storage area when it is closed. There is only room for a smallish duffle bag when the hood is closed. Car was clearly built for speed not travel. The right tradeoff if you ask me…

2004 Cobra

Mad Stock 04 Cobra
Established Member
yeah. You are definitely not buying this car to haul big bags of stuff. It is not like you are going to drive to the airport where you need to put 2 siutcases in the trunk that will eventually go on the plane. Why--because no owner would leave their GT overnight in a parking lot....it is for performance only. I would change the GT tire anyway. I am sure you have raodsie assistance just like 03-04 Cobra owners do. This is my opinion though. Awesome car.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
nice pics man. how much did that thing cost you? think you would be able to get some pics of the transaxle sometime(unless its covered or something)? love the blue on white. if i could have one of those it would either be a blue on white or the new white on tungston(i think thats what the new special edition thing is).

barondw

Established Member
If some would supply me with an e-mail address I will send various shots of the undercarrigae to be posted.

The shots were taken during an oil change and some other routine work. They show a completely flat undercarriage that is totally enclosed. Part of the bottom has dimples, similar to a golf ball, and other panels are just flat. There are also pictures of the engine underside after the panels are removed.

Once I get the info I will send the pics for the individual to post.

BTW the oil change requires removing 2 of the bottom panels, removing 25-30 screws, draining the crank (2 plugs), draining the dry sump, and removing and re[placing the filter filament. If you replace the whole filter, cover, spindle, and filament the price for the part is over $ 400.00. To remove the 2 bottom panels the vehicle needs to be lifted twice unless a drive-on lift is used. The lift pads cover some of the screws so the car needs to be lowered, pads moved, screws removed, panel removed, and re-elevated to drain the fluids. There are NO access doors or panels.

It takes 2 to 2 1/2 hours to change the oil. And the screws are easily stripped.

TIA

Florida Chris

Established Member
barondw said:
If some would supply me with an e-mail address I will send various shots of the undercarrigae to be posted.

The shots were taken during an oil change and some other routine work. They show a completely flat undercarriage that is totally enclosed. Part of the bottom has dimples, similar to a golf ball, and other panels are just flat. There are also pictures of the engine underside after the panels are removed.

Once I get the info I will send the pics for the individual to post.

BTW the oil change requires removing 2 of the bottom panels, removing 25-30 screws, draining the crank (2 plugs), draining the dry sump, and removing and re[placing the filter filament. If you replace the whole filter, cover, spindle, and filament the price for the part is over $ 400.00. To remove the 2 bottom panels the vehicle needs to be lifted twice unless a drive-on lift is used. The lift pads cover some of the screws so the car needs to be lowered, pads moved, screws removed, panel removed, and re-elevated to drain the fluids. There are NO access doors or panels.

It takes 2 to 2 1/2 hours to change the oil. And the screws are easily stripped.

TIA

Sent you a PM

Florida Chris

Established Member
Photos

Here's the photos from barondw:

Rear of car on planks to allow lift arms to get underneath
dscn12961ei.jpg

Front of car on planks awaiting lifting
dscn12970zk.jpg

Looking underneath from front
dscn12998wu.jpg