GT prices?

cobrastrike4

Established Member
Anyone know where to find the current pricing/market on these cars?
(not the wrecked ones)
Now may be a good time to buy.

TcM-668

from what Ive seen, the market is still pretty high on these cars. Seems the few that I've looked at are well north of the $ 155K MSRP.

BUT....if one were to find one in the $ 100K-130K range, it would be a good deal.

I would love to have a Heritage model....but just bought a house.

On a side note, it seems that FRPP has about 25 "chassis" that are available for purchase. Frame, door pillars, roof. Don't know the price of said chassis.

cobrastrike4

Established Member
Congrats on the house.

I called on a few today and found out that a lot of guys paid close to 200K and then some for theirs so trying to recoup some of it will keep the prices up for a time. I had no clue they were getting that for this car back then.
I'm there on the 130 mark with 2000 on the clock would be fair money I don't think pristine examples of these cars should ever drop below 100.
I love to look at the heritage colors on the car I just don't think I could see it in my garage can't get the mystery machine out of my head its like GT mystery machine on and on.
I'll look into the chassis thing and see what that entails.

Fastfords

Established Member
Anyone know where to find the current pricing/market on these cars?
(not the wrecked ones)
Now may be a good time to buy.

Try checking out fordgtforum.com. There are always cars for sale there and they have a good idea of the market. There are also links to vendor sites of dealers that buy and sell many GT's. I just go there to drool.

waldo

Established Member
Seems the few that I've looked at are well north of the $ 155K MSRP.

Keep in mind the MSRP on the GT was $157K for the first ten months of the 2005 model year. For the final two months of MY2005 and all of MY2006, the MSRP was $167K. The Heritage paint option pushed the MSRP to around $180K.

I'm there on the 130 mark with 2000 on the clock would be fair money.

I think finding a non-salvage GT with 2000 miles around that price point will be difficult. At this time, I would expect to pay at least MSRP for such a car with no stories.

Best of luck with your search. They are well worth the money.

Best Regards,
Waldo

cobrastrike4

Established Member
Thanks for the info. I'll start hanging around the FGT forum a bit.
Waldo, your right on target with pricing from what I'm finding out.

JadeRaven

From what I understand, after its initial decline (a long decline at that), the GT market briefly sat at MSRP, perhaps a few thousand below, and has since trended upward.

The valley was probably six to eight months ago, and the rise has been fairly minimal but the market looks pretty steady.

But since the 8th you've prolly gotten yourself a good idea over at the other forum :)

FordGT1000

Established Member
Try checking out fordgtforum.com. There are always cars for sale there and they have a good idea of the market. There are also links to vendor sites of dealers that buy and sell many GT's. I just go there to drool.

thats actually some real good advice! I got a killlr deal on my new toy, but I got it off of a friend :coolman:

waldo

Established Member
thats actually some real good advice! I got a killlr deal on my new toy, but I got it off of a friend :coolman:

Did you just purchase a FGT? If so, congrats and share the details and pictures.

Best Regards,

FordGT1000

Established Member
Did you just purchase a FGT? If so, congrats and share the details and pictures.

Best Regards,

yea I've had it for about a month now, hands down best supercar i've had! Handles better than my 997TT with EVO 700 did!! :rockon: I will post some pics soon enough.... just waiting for my new wheels to get in! :-D

roketman

Established Member
Fgt

Don't let miles scare you away from getting a good deal on a FGT.
These cars are bullet proof. I have driven test cars and road cars with 40 -65k on them and you would never know .They are tight .Like well, you know what! These cars are made to drive .Owning one and not driving it is like having a girl friend and not having sex with her ! So if you get one ,DRIVE IT !Its better than sex ! What you lose in value over the years is nothing compared to the enjoyment of driving one of the greatest cars ever made !
My 02
Waldo is correct the ford gt forum is a good place to go .

Established Member
I have been watching a while and notice that color plays a large factor. Red and white cars are quite a bit less than Blue, Black, Silver or Tungsten. Heritage are of course way up there.

I would not expected that much variation.

flattrack53

Established Member
a heritage brought a 162,000 at atlantic city car show. 1800 miles..I am looking for a blue non stripe but rocker panel stripe gt if anyone knows of any forsale

Established Member
a heritage brought a 162,000 at atlantic city car show. 1800 miles..I am looking for a blue non stripe but rocker panel stripe gt if anyone knows of any forsale

What do expect to see price-wise for that color combo and low miles?

Users who are viewing this thread