GT-R wouldn't play. GoPro vid

yzingerslinger

Established Member
Some of us aren't newbs to the whole street racing thing and have been busted once or twice or have just had too many close calls to continue doing so. You've got a nice Cobra there, it actually looks very similar to another member on this very forum's car. Last year on Thanksgiving Eve he was racing a CTS-V in PA and broadsided a grandma and her grand-daughter as they drove to meet up with family for the holiday. He was traveling well over 100mph at time of impact, they were both killed instantly while the Cobra driver survived to face vehicular homicide charges. Travis, the owner of this site, was contacted about testifying due to posts this member made on this forum.

So just because some guy in a nice car doesn't feel like running on public roads just because you pulled up next to him doesn't mean he was "afraid to lose" or a coward or a homosexual. It just means he didn't feel racing you was worth the risk of losing his license, car, life, or worse yet taking someone else's life. Back in the day when musclecars ran on back-country roads street racing wasn't such a big deal but then Fast and Furious came out and every young douchebag with an import started driving like an idiot. Then accidents and deaths due to street racing went up and all of a sudden racing and getting caught means getting your car taken.

I'm all for watching the back-country runs and the deserted late-night highway pulls but you were driving during the day and for whatever reason he wasn't comfortable with that. Saying no to a race all the time or most of the time is the wise way to live.
I bought this car from a local oklahoma friend. I never really thought about the whole evidence aspect. Most of the racing I have done was organized and somewhat safe http://youtu.be/_239GnV7Q3E I prefer racing between friends due to safety concerns and people jumping me or something crazy.

I just got my hands on the go pro and was pretty excited, I think the excitement got better of me.

A local event here in Tulsa is coming up its called "mods VS rods" I'll be sure to bring you so good videos from the local drag strip.

yzingerslinger

Established Member
That thing is going to seriously hurt some feelings with a 100 shot.
I hope so. I have a complete return system ready to tune and I'm just piping in all the wiring and mounting brackets for the kit. Hoping to hid the nozzle and purge and let people think it's just a pulley eaton car :)

Users who are viewing this thread