GT350 sightings, post LA/ Detroit

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I was informed that there is a plan for Ford to provide some greater detail in an event similar to what SVT did with the '11 and '13 GT500. I don't know the small details but my understanding is that the 5.2 engine will broken down. I'd love to be there.

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
I was informed that there is a plan for Ford to provide some greater detail in an event similar to what SVT did with the '11 and '13 GT500. I don't know the small details but my understanding is that the 5.2 engine will broken down. I'd love to be there.

Maybe because I've just finished a 13.5 hour day and a few frosty Canadian beverages are clouding my memory, but how did ford do it for the 13s? Web series/articles etc?

Last edited:

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
I'm pretty sure they did a day long multi-part seminar where engineers involved in development went into detail about several components of the vehicle.

I recall engine, aerodynamics, and suspension off the top of my head.

sawman70

Something Witty!
Established Member
Cleveland had the white with blue stripes GT350 and a beautiful Silver GT (as in Ford GT). The GT350 brakes are simply ridiculous in person.

On another note. They had a Magnetic Mustang GT with perf pack which I was going to order pre GT350. That car was awesome as well. Certainly an S550 fan here.

Last edited:

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
Cleveland had the white with blue stripes GT350 and a beautiful Silver GT (as in Ford GT). The GT350 brakes are simply ridiculous in person.

On another note. They had a Magnetic Mustang GT with perf pack which I was going to order pre GT350. That car was awesome as well. Certainly an S550 fan here.

At least you can get the GT350 in your preferred color. Guard would be mine.

sawman70

Something Witty!
Established Member
I do like guard. It was in my top 2. Opting out of black. I currently own 4 black cars and my son has one as well. Its like the mob over here. Black does look so good as well though.

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
Anyone have any new info? Sure wish Ford would give an update.

sawman70

Something Witty!
Established Member
A week or so ago Dave Perciak was interviewed and asked about horsepower. He stated the car just entered the final stage of CARB certification so they were about 2-3 MONTHS away from those figures. I capitalized months as it is ridiculous. Maybe we'll know something in May?

I have one on hold. The first alloted GT350 at my dealership built to my specs. I do not know the cost. I do not know the power numbers. I don't even know when I can take delivery, but I have one on hold. LOL

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
A week or so ago Dave Perciak was interviewed and asked about horsepower. He stated the car just entered the final stage of CARB certification so they were about 2-3 MONTHS away from those figures. I capitalized months as it is ridiculous. Maybe we'll know something in May?

I have one on hold. The first alloted GT350 at my dealership built to my specs. I do not know the cost. I do not know the power numbers. I don't even know when I can take delivery, but I have one on hold. LOL

The interview was put online February 27th, so around the last week of February using 2-3 months brings us to late April and into May 2015. If the rumor of May 11th 2015 order banks opening for 2016 ordering it seems to fall in line pretty well. I remember the 2015 GT was real late with power numbers being released.

Also its seems like Ford is releasing more tid bits at big auto shows, so I am hoping for some more information at the New York auto show in a few weeks. Something always seems to pop up from Ford right as everything goes real quiet.

I also have my Dealers allocation too. Can't wait to get the damn thing ordered

Lemers

Established Member
I was hoping Ford would give us everything in New York, but now I think they are going to hold some final info back because the 2016 Camaro is being introduced in May.

So we may get price or power numbers, but I bet we won't get both until after the camaro is shown.

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
I remember reading somewhere the GT350 will have some sort of exhaust dumps that can be controlled from in the car. Check this out: http://www.roushperformance.com/vehicles/mustang-2015-stage3.html From the article:

"You can hear the Stage 3’s power pulsing through an innovative new ROUSH Active Performance exhaust system. This game-changing system gives full control over the volume and tone coming from a Quad-Tip Stainless steel ROUSH exhaust. Select modes ranging from the subtle “touring” mode, dynamic “sport” mode, and wide-open “track” mode. With the “custom” mode you can program your own dynamic profiles with virtually infinite sound possibilities, right from your mobile device"

example of what is in store maybe??

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
I have a feeling it will be similar but controlled by the drive modes the car is set to. I have a feeling a lot of people will still go aftermarket though.

GSStage2

Established Member
image.jpg1_zpswm7wbo8h.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread