GT350 sightings, post LA/ Detroit

TurboBird

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Lol. The yellow car looks like the banana equivalent of the Oscar-Mayermobile.

I'm glad people are liking the black car especially because it is stripe free. Ford stylists have minimized the badging on this car (and the badges are very well done at that) and ditched the typical Shelby side stripes. It is clear where their line of thinking is and I'm sure they'd dump the OTT stripes if they could. I'd like to see more colors in a "Liquid" palette (how about a rich "Zeon Green" or a deep "Red Gush?). There is something about the blue on the cars at Detroit that set them apart from anything before and it is high time Ford gave buyers better paint choices.

how about "Nuclear ****ing Orange" lol

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Looks like the next big show that the GT350 will be at is Chicago.

http://www.chicagoautoshow.com/vehicles-on-display/2015/ford/gt350-mustang/

I wonder if the paint booth is busy at Ford again. It'd be nice to see a different color or a stripe delete car (which I bet won't happen because Ford will cater to the LCD and probably wants the car to stand out in a crowd). As discussed elsewhere, I hope we get to see stripe delete, "Liquid" variant in Nuclear ****ing Orange.

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
I wonder what the difference is between the Avalanche Grey and the Magnetic...

I would like to see one in CO also.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Figured I'd drop this one in here. Looks like it'd be a great event to attend.

__SAEDinner.jpg

https://www.sae-detroit.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/MustangVehiflyer-wo-crops.pdf

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I can't help but think:

- The official numbers won't be given from any podium. There is an opportunity to narrow the potential "window" via well thought out, subtle commentary that still leaves you thinking. It would seem that Ford wants to keep riding the wave with this one, especially since it's tied into other vehicle releases where Ford has yet to offer up power numbers. If they time it right they'll come in with numbers that beat expectations, much like what happened just before the '07 GT500 was released.

- Unofficially, numbers will be floating like butterflies, from table to table, and I could envision rampant discussion about the numbers Ford is targeting on their in house test gear. Or maybe I just like to imagine a room full of brilliant minds exchanging S550 data, NSA-style.

- Some of the "thirty things" (or however damn many) Ford had to do to tame the Voodoo may come up. I'd love to hear about all the failures and how they were addressed or conquered. I hope that Ford/Roush eventually publish some of the data, similar to what was done with some Ford GT SAE Technical Papers (2005 GT Powertrain, 2005 GT Cooling - each in pdf).

It'd be a cool event to attend, no doubt.

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
Tob, any learnings leaked from the SAE event? I hope to see more yellow GT350 pics in the next few days.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
The event isn't for another two weeks and I've heard nothing. I did give Steve Turner a heads up about it so I'd think if anyone can get the skinny it'd be him.

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
Wish the Ford GT and GT350/R came to the Philadelphia show but its not that big of a show on the scale of LA/CHI/DET. Hopefully its at NYIAS and I can see them there

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
I have to say the triple yellow GT350 pics from CHI don't look as bad as the ones shown a week or two ago. The old ones had some pretty shitty lighting. Still not a big on yellow on this body but looks much better

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
Eagerly awaiting to hear if anything gets revealed tonight at the SAE event

Users who are viewing this thread