GT350 sightings, post LA/ Detroit

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
It's interesting to watch the marketing choices Ford is making beyond the normal "hardcore" stuff we usually witness here at SVTP. I'm trying to keep an eye on the venues that both the regular GT350 as well as the R model make. As of now Ford brought a car to BJ (the "million dollar car") but I now see a white with blue stripes at the Washington Auto Show and a yellow with black stripes at the NADA Conference in San Francisco.

WASHINGTON AUTO SHOW

___GT350Washington.jpg

461998994.jpg

NADA CONVENTION

__NADASF.jpg

NADASF1.jpg~original

10838378_1531063857165146_1693778384_n.jpg

10914615_779269302128172_728359192_n.jpg

jlauth

Established Member
I am ready to see the R in a few more colors. I'm a bit upset that the standard 350 doesn't have the red accents on the stripes available like the R. I'm not a big fan of the white outline on the black stripes. The yellow looks good...I will be interested to see cars with a black roof vs. over the top stipes in the different colors.

Backorder

Established Member
So disappointed there was nothing at the houston show...:-( I asked houston auto show before the event if it would make an appearance and they said they would just have the GT, V6, and EB. My response to them was "That's pretty lame...I can see those at any dealership. Was hoping they would bring either the recently debuted GT350R or the GT350 which debuted last year in LA. Kinda disappointing."

I'm clearly not bitter at all! :-D

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
Yes. That's one of the test cars seen after the reveal of the 350. They're pulling the camo off since we know what they look like now I guess.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Lol. The yellow car looks like the banana equivalent of the Oscar-Mayermobile.

I'm glad people are liking the black car especially because it is stripe free. Ford stylists have minimized the badging on this car (and the badges are very well done at that) and ditched the typical Shelby side stripes. It is clear where their line of thinking is and I'm sure they'd dump the OTT stripes if they could. I'd like to see more colors in a "Liquid" palette (how about a rich "Zeon Green" or a deep "Red Gush?). There is something about the blue on the cars at Detroit that set them apart from anything before and it is high time Ford gave buyers better paint choices.

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
is it just me or is the contact patch narrower than the wheels?

Users who are viewing this thread