• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

GT350 Track Attack

Discussion in '2015+ Shelby GT350 Mustang' started by Tob, Feb 5, 2016.

1. AustinJ427

AustinJ427 Well-Known Member Established Member Beer Money Bros.

Unless you want to buy shirts (they generally do give you shirts for the classes), you shouldn't need to spend any money at the track.

2. WVTrakPak

WVTrakPak Active Member Established Member

Just got the call, Aug 19-20. The waiting list does work.

3. WVTrakPak

WVTrakPak Active Member Established Member

Good time on track and a couple of thoughts.

Best car I have ever been in on track. Cannot wait for my first day in mine.

Instructors are great. Real car guys that do a good job. You can talk cars with them and they enjoy it.

A lot of people are not really comfortable at speed on track.

The laps riding with the instructor was my favorite part. Man these cars are capable of so much. I have several track days and am pretty comfortable on track and man, I felt like I have zero talent after that ride. No mods needed, just push yourself to be a better driver.

Sport mode still has more nannies than I thought it would have.

The Red Iguana is the bomb! At a friends recommendation I went there on Sunday but returned Monday after the day on track. Highly recommend.

1FASFKR likes this.
  4. Drewsky65

Drewsky65 Active Member Established Member

Just got back from mine last week. First event of 2019. Was happy because the cars had brand new tires and fluids in them. Granted it doesn’t really matter.

Learned a lot and had a great time. More than I thought I would even! Made me feel good knowing every mile on the car was neat to holy crap and still going strong . I drove that car HARD and I was not the first ! Car had 9600 mikes of pure track use and didn’t skip a beat. Told the instructor in the end to push it as hard as he could. Dang these cars are even faster than I thought and I thought I was a half way decent driver going in and through the day.

Drivers of all experience were there. Older and conservative to young and ruthless lol. Wish I did the 2nd boss day. Might go back for that down the road. Track was beautiful as well with snow capped mountains all around.

On a side note. My instructor was one of the testers for the new 500. His thoughts in all seriousness.. ppl are going to get hurt. He was adenennt on it lol.

WVTrakPak, DSG2003Mach1 and 1FASFKR like this.
  5. 1FASFKR

1FASFKR Active Member Established Member

Interesting on the GT500 opinion. I asked my instructor if they were planning on having a Track Attack for the GT500. His exact words were "God I hope not". " How would you like to be riding shotgun in a jet plane with someone who never flew before?"

WVTrakPak and DSG2003Mach1 like this.
  6. Drewsky65

Drewsky65 Active Member Established Member

also a good point haha. the 350 is even faster than i thought on track when its actually hitting its limits. we were still only 85-90% of the car full potential in the instructor lap and we were CRUISING ! what a good time ! I just dont think the s550 frame can handle the power that is going to be added. ( as far as putting it to the ground and handling it) not breaking apart or anything