GT350 Track Pack audio upgrade from OEMRadio

oldbmwfan

Established Member
Really nice work! I have the old MS Sync in my Fiesta ST and the large screen, Sync 3 in the R ... beyond night and day difference in ease and completion of functionality. The 40-lb weight penalty of the Electronics Package on the R is so worth it.

14GT5HUNDRED

Established Member
Really nice work! I have the old MS Sync in my Fiesta ST and the large screen, Sync 3 in the R ... beyond night and day difference in ease and completion of functionality. The 40-lb weight penalty of the Electronics Package on the R is so worth it.

What's cool on sync 3 2.0 software is there is an ST boot screen now

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
Is this swap possible in other Fords that have the big 8 inch My Ford Touch screen pre sync 3?

bpmurr

Established Member
Jesse has done some amazing work to make this is as plug and play as possible. Sure there are cheaper aftermarket solutions, but none come close to the quality of the Sync 3 OEM solution. Truly a case of you get what you pay for! :) Great write up!

14GT5HUNDRED

Established Member
Jesse has done some amazing work to make this is as plug and play as possible. Sure there are cheaper aftermarket solutions, but none come close to the quality of the Sync 3 OEM solution. Truly a case of you get what you pay for! :) Great write up!

Thank you !

raiderjatt02

Established Member
This is awesome and I'm seriously considering it. I only have one question though. You said Lund "should" be able to get the exhaust toggle to work but has anyone had this done yet? If I can definitely get that toggle working, then this swap will be at the top of my to-do list but I don't want a toggle there if it doesn't work and that's enough to make me keep my 4" screen.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Interesting, as your sentiment seems to be universal. Everyone that has contacted me about doing the upgrade says the same thing about not doing it if the exhaust toggle can't be activated. There is so much more to this than the one redundant switch! I can't help but think about how much you guys are missing out on if this is what holds you back.

I suggested Lund but could have mentioned anyone. For the heck of it, I'll see what Justin from VMP has to say and report back. In the meantime, good God, don't let the lone toggle trip you up. The abysmal 4" screen and lack of tech filled goodness should be motivation enough!

raiderjatt02

Established Member
I get what you're saying but I know that if I did this and that toggle wouldn't work, it would drive me absolutely insane. All I really want is the Red "R" splash screen and GPS on the display. If I could get that on the 4 incher I'd be fine. It looks really nice though but I can't have a dead toggle switch. No matter how redundant.

AMPowerJ

I have to admit the non-functioning toggle has me in a holding pattern too. Plus I really want to just be able to flip the toggle to open the exhaust and not have to hit the Mode button, then change the suspension setting, then press the steering button twice. I know it isn't a big deal but just one toggle to open the exhaust would be sooooo nice.

NWGT500

HR213
Established Member
Apologize if this has been previously covered. Does this also change the climate control to dual zone (driver/passenger)? If not then please elaborate on how the climate controls work with the new interface/bezel.

Thanks!

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I did touch on it. The screen shows a dual zone but it is still only single, which makes sense, as dual zone wasn't available. Other than that, climate controls work as they are supposed to.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
There are some really good people out there. In this case, somebody figured this one out. Contact Jesse at OEMRadio for more.

Every toggle on my swapped in bezel now works!

Users who are viewing this thread