Gt350r new pics

cluscher

Established Member
So where does 130 lbs come from? That is a big weight difference for the disclosed differences between the R and the regular 350.

cluscher

Established Member
I get that. 130lbs sounds like a lot to me for those differences, although I admittedly forgot about the AC and stereo delete since it is an option with electronics pack. Still seems like a lot though. I was thinking anything beyond a 100lb difference would be a stretch, but maybe not with those considerations as well.

Last edited:

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
He said half the weight savings was the wheels... He threw out the 540hp number pretty easily, but he said that's the inside Ford rumor... The weight I really got him to say without actually saying it.... I also told him I have a Boss and I want one but am on the fence. Seemed to get him to tell me more about the R. He might have been pulling my chain, but he seemed to have a cat that ate the canary look on his face.

ChopSui

Established Member
I get that. 130lbs sounds like a lot to me for those differences, although I admittedly forgot about the AC and stereo delete since it is an option with electronics pack. Still seems like a lot though. I was thinking anything beyond a 100lb difference would be a stretch, but maybe not with those considerations as well.

Not sure where the skepticism comes from about the weight loss. It says right in the original Ford press release that the R model loses over 100 lbs compared to the regular GT350. The only question is, what does the regular one weigh?

"Shelby GT350R is more than 130 pounds lighter than the Shelby GT350 Track Pack model, which has proven its durability in multiple 24-hour racetrack tests."

http://racing.ford.com/series/more-racing/news/articles/2015/01/shelby-gt350r-mustang--the-most-track-capable-production-mustang.html

Last edited:

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
That guy was probably blowing smoke. Ford has been dodging HP and weight questions like bullets, now all of a sudden this guy just gives it away? If any of that is true, the GT350R will slot performance-wise between the Stingray and the Z06; closer to the Z06 end. As far as price, I never knew the Laguna Seca was so expensive! I thought it was only about $5K more than a base Boss. Was it really $10K better than a base Boss?
You might be right with the Boss LS price.. I was thinking it was 10k more, but it might have been more like 8k... Which would make the R base more like 63k... But I'm sure you add in the ac and radio and it's going to be mid upper 60s... Which might be too steep for me. Time will tell.
One more thing too.. Imo in person the R wheels don't look as cool as the regular 350 wheels. But that's personal preference.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
The base wheels look way better than the R wheels, but for the weight savings, I can live with them. I have some ugly wheels on my GT500 now, but they're 56 pounds lighter than the stock wheels! I can deal.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
75d50b7ac47eaf1386549abc66e08a92.jpg
caught this on Instagram last night. Seems some of the execs tend to take them home and what not.

That rear spoiler looks terrible

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
Listen to that same car here:

[video=youtube_share;fg-cctwjelM]http://youtu.be/fg-cctwjelM[/video]

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
To be honest, I don't care for the sound with the baffles open. If it's a "feature," I'll leave mine closed all the time.

O'Neill

Established Member
According to online sources, a baseline GT (manual) is 3705lbs. Im going to assume that the GT350 weighs in around the same. Subtract 130lbs from that, and you get 3570lbs. So I can believe the 3500-ish weight predictions.

I love the sound of it though, and the design is growing on me every time I see it. I cant wait to see one in person.

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
You might be right with the Boss LS price.. I was thinking it was 10k more, but it might have been more like 8k... Which would make the R base more like 63k... But I'm sure you add in the ac and radio and it's going to be mid upper 60s... Which might be too steep for me. Time will tell.
One more thing too.. Imo in person the R wheels don't look as cool as the regular 350 wheels. But that's personal preference.

A "base" boss 302 with recaros and the diff was $5000 less than a Laguna Seca, $44,000 vs $49,000

AJstang

Established Member
Sweet Jesus I love the way this sounds and looks. I wish they offered the liquid blue with the black strips as I love that color. Hopefully it comes around in the second MY run.

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
According to online sources, a baseline GT (manual) is 3705lbs. Im going to assume that the GT350 weighs in around the same. Subtract 130lbs from that, and you get 3570lbs. So I can believe the 3500-ish weight predictions.

I love the sound of it though, and the design is growing on me every time I see it. I cant wait to see one in person.

They already said it was carbon fiber intensive over the regular GT so you'd be wrong on the curb weight.

Users who are viewing this thread