GT500 Blower pulley

Daffy

My cars own me.
Established Member
The supposed issue is that the snout outside diameter is larger so that it comes very close to the blower pulley inside diameter, filling the inside of the pulley so to say. So in theory putting on a smaller diameter pulley would be physically improbable. Folks are talking about a snout & pulley swap to accomplish more boost, etc. But I think we'll need to wait for guys to get the cars & the aftermarket to play around with them before we know for sure.

D.

svtguy22

Established Member
Yeah Ford made it a PITA to get the pulley off because of all the warrenty issues that pulley swaps caused when people started to do it for the 03/04. Well I guess if you dont have a problem affording the GT500 you sure can afford a new whipple :burnout:

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
07 Shelby said:
FRP has already announced that they will be offering a Pulley Upgrade (downgrade?!)

I have seen this numerous times on the forums but have never seen a link to an official statement.

Can you link us to where that info came from? It would be very cool , if it turned out to be true.

-Thanks

Ryan02Stang

Established Member
Its true. Its one more HORRIBLE flaw that the GT500 has. Jesus himself arose for this wonderful occasion and personally put the blower pulley on so it can NEVER be removed. Not even the jaws of life are a match for Jesus's magical touch. Looks like we are all stuck with 8,000 pound curb weight and stock boost.

earl lee

Established Member
Wouldnt be suprise if Ford made it where if you remove it you couldnt put it back on or if you did remove it and tried to put it back on they would know so they could hit you with the big warranty voided deal.

LR 01 Cobra

Founding Member
Established Member
JoyRydn 03 said:
And may I ask where you got your information? Please post a link.

I posted this info well over a year ago! Yes you can pull it off! But you can only gain may 1 lb of boost due to the design of the blower snout!
Go back and do a search, I posted a lot about both the upper and lower pulley.

Tim :beer:

CamaroSS

Established Member
Haha, this is awesome! Yet another reason to not buy this car. I would get an 03/04 anyday over this pig. Unless something gets pulled out that is really impressive, everything I have heard is sad about this car.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
LR 01 Cobra said:
I posted this info well over a year ago! Yes you can pull it off! But you can only gain may 1 lb of boost due to the design of the blower snout!
Go back and do a search, I posted a lot about both the upper and lower pulley.

Tim :beer:

ford put the snout on as well. so yes someone will remove that and create a smaller snout. the aftermarket is billion dollar industry. if it can be put together they will rebuild it. :lol: :rockon: :beer: specially when we are looking at 8k-10k per year unit run for 4 years. :idea:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread