GT500 Blower pulley

LR 01 Cobra

Founding Member
Established Member
I know of only one company working on the upper pulley issue! I'm sorry but I can't steal their thunder. I'm sure they will let the cat out of the bag soon!

Tim

mpe331lx

Mine's stock too
Established Member
F8LBITEva said:
even so you could probably do a lower pulley.

NOPE! They put a sensor so close to the lower pulley that there is no room for a larger pulley.

People have been replacing the snouts on the Ford GT to swap a smaller pulley, that is probably what will have to be done here.

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
LR 01 Cobra said:
I know of only one company working on the upper pulley issue! I'm sorry but I can't steal their thunder. I'm sure they will let the cat out of the bag soon!

Tim
That would be Metco. (They have a 2.7 and 2.8 already. I estimated the boost increase for those somewhere on here. It wasn't huge. I'll see if I can find the thread.)

Cobra Jet 429

Hot Rod Lincoln
Established Member
Actualy snout size isn't an issue, ask any GM guy who owns a GTP or any other car with a Supercharged 3.8. You just go and get part of the snout machines down around the outside edge, I had to do it on mine to swap the pulley. and everything is honkey dorey for me.

LR 01 Cobra

Founding Member
Established Member
Cobra Jet 429 said:
Actualy snout size isn't an issue, ask any GM guy who owns a GTP or any other car with a Supercharged 3.8. You just go and get part of the snout machines down around the outside edge, I had to do it on mine to swap the pulley. and everything is honkey dorey for me.

LOL! Let me know how that turn out! Because the bearing is in the end of the snout, and if you turn it down, it will be way to weak to support the bearing, due to the belt tension. It will break with time. my 2 cents!

Tim

Last edited:

earl lee

Established Member
LR 01 Cobra said:
LOL! Let me know how that turn out! Because the bearing is in the end of the snout, and if you turn it down, it will be way to weak to support the bearing, due to the belt tension. It will break with time. my 2 cents!

Tim

How much money you think ford spent trying to figure out a way to make sure you could not do an easy pulley change or so it could be detected if you did try too?

Think they added that research into the over inflated price? Knowing ford they prolly spent a few million.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
how much money do you think it costs to change the gear ratios in the blower, or thicken up the snout? its not like it took a NASA scientist to figure out how to make the pulley harder to swap.

LR 01 Cobra

Founding Member
Established Member
earl lee said:
How much money you think ford spent trying to figure out a way to make sure you could not do an easy pulley change or so it could be detected if you did try too?

Think they added that research into the over inflated price? Knowing ford they prolly spent a few million.

I don't know how much they spent, but I do know that the fact that the upper and lower are much harder to swap is not just luck on Fords part!
It was designed that way.

Tim

The Pun

Formerly 10th03cobra
Established Member
Ryan02Stang said:
Its true. Its one more HORRIBLE flaw that the GT500 has. Jesus himself arose for this wonderful occasion and personally put the blower pulley on so it can NEVER be removed. Not even the jaws of life are a match for Jesus's magical touch. Looks like we are all stuck with 8,000 pound curb weight and stock boost.

Doug > Jesus, when it comes to pulleys :beer:

badboysbailagnt

Established Member
why not just add a kenny bell and save the old gaskets or something if you blow something just put the old supercharger back on. Glad i work for a large dealership and dont have to worry bout that unless the adjuster comes out

obrien

ON D BIT said:
it cost 40k. :bash: if you want to pay more go ahead. i would rather pay 40 and give 25 to charity instead of any dealership.
yeah the msrp is 42k but you are forgetting that the dealers are putting in a serious mark up. Walker Ford here in St. Pete is adding 15k to their cars.

WDW MKR

Established Member
obrien said:
yeah the msrp is 42k but you are forgetting that the dealers are putting in a serious mark up. Walker Ford here in St. Pete is adding 15k to their cars.

Actually, I think MSRP is about 40.5k for a coupe, but the unavoidable GG tax and destination charges push the base MSRP to around 44.5k w/ no interior or stereo upgrades.

cobra12003

Established Member
What some people forget is the 03 04 is so popular because of how cheap and easy it is to get more HP.
Of course the GT500 parts can be changed , I could change my piston size also, but how much will it cost?

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member
cobra12003 said:
What some people forget is the 03 04 is so popular because of how cheap and easy it is to get more HP.
Of course the GT500 parts can be changed , I could change my piston size also, but how much will it cost?

It will still be inexpensive to modify, A smaller snout with all the pullies will probably only be 5-800 bucks(purely speculation). Not a big deal in todays mod scene for sure. Instead of a set of fr500 rims, the gt500 guys will be buying blower snouts and pullies. The other upgrades will be the same prices.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
obrien said:

cost, or what the dealer pays for one. :read: i for one would rather give the extra money to charity rather than the dealerships. ford is selling the gt500 to the dealerships for a little under 36k. :poke: if you want to give your extra cash to the dealership go ahead(i would not fault you) but just because one does it does not mean the gt500 cost 60k.

a gm friend told me someone wrote a check for 150k for thier first gt500. even so the gt500 does not cost $150k. :bash:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread