GT500 down

11ride4life

Hatorade
Established Member
My Dad's Black GT500 if officially dead:nonono:
He crashed it a few weeks ago and we have been trying to figure out what to do with it and while it was at the shop we decided to pull the plug on the car. While we where at a shop getting some parts test fitted the owner of the shop wanted a ride... There was a 2 lane road a little over a mile long in a industrial area so their was no one around. He and my dad got in the car and when they took off the car was spinning really bad soon as he hit second he went through a small dip in the road witch shouldn't of been a problem but their was some water that we didn't see when he hit it the car pitched sideways really bad and we all thought he was just going off the side of the road their was about 25 yards of dirt to his right then some train tracks. This was about one of the safest places to screw around I have seen in a while, but their was one telephone pole that went over the tracks and of course the car hit it dead center at about 45 mph. They got really lucky and neither of them got hurt so it could of been much worse. That is at least one good thing.
Thought I would fill you guys in.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Evan:

Damn, sorry to hear that! :( At least no one was hurt! That's the main thing.

Good luck getting it back together!

1BADGT500

***Back-In-Black***
Established Member
Wow that's aweful. I'm glad everyone is okay though.... So what now? Part out the car??

You mean dead center as in the front of the car or dead center of the side of the car??

I'm sure the engine would be an easy sell if it wasn't comprimised.

Got any pics??

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
glad they are alright. hitting anything at that mph and you have to count your blessings.

is insurance going to replace it? did his insurance go up considerably?

He and my dad got in the car and when they took off the car was spinning really bad soon as he hit second he went through a small dip in the road witch shouldn't of been a problem but their was some water that we didn't see when he hit it the car pitched sideways really bad...

any dip or crease in the surface is a BIG problem when one combines high mph and wheels with no traction.

bubbrubb

wow, I'm very very sorry to hear that the car is hurt (or dead apparently), but like everyone has said, the important thing is that everyone is OK. Cars can be fixed or replaced, people are pretty tough to fix and impossible to replace.

on a lighter note... at least he has a spare GT500 just sitting around for occasions like this :D

11ride4life

Hatorade
Established Member
no pics yet I will see if I can get some pics before the car is gone. I did not take any pics the day of the accident I had a lot on my mind.

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
11ride4life said:
My Dad's Black GT500 if officially dead:nonono:
He crashed it a few weeks ago and we have been trying to figure out what to do with it and while it was at the shop we decided to pull the plug on the car. While we where at a shop getting some parts test fitted the owner of the shop wanted a ride... There was a 2 lane road a little over a mile long in a industrial area so their was no one around. He and my dad got in the car and when they took off the car was spinning really bad soon as he hit second he went through a small dip in the road witch shouldn't of been a problem but their was some water that we didn't see when he hit it the car pitched sideways really bad and we all thought he was just going off the side of the road their was about 25 yards of dirt to his right then some train tracks. This was about one of the safest places to screw around I have seen in a while, but their was one telephone pole that went over the tracks and of course the car hit it dead center at about 45 mph. They got really lucky and neither of them got hurt so it could of been much worse. That is at least one good thing.
Thought I would fill you guys in.

Something very similiar happened to my Dad and I, with his 2005 Mustang GT.
Hit a wet spot,. slid off the road, and slammed into a Telephone pole.. Car was brand new, and was rare at the time (when the 05's were new)
It was very depressing.

HOWEVER...

Cars CAN be replaced.
People cannot, and sometimes injuries are permanent.

Glad to here you guys are OK.

Rodcobra

Established Member
Buy it back from the insurance company and put it on ebay .People will go crazy over it.

11ride4life

Hatorade
Established Member
Rodcobra said:
Buy it back from the insurance company and put it on ebay .People will go crazy over it.

We where thinking of buying it back and building the motor then putting the built motor in the red car and leaving the red cars motor totally intact and putting a KB or Whipple on the built motor:beer: . It is still up in the air right now:shrug:

1BADGT500

***Back-In-Black***
Established Member
11ride4life said:
We where thinking of buying it back and building the motor then putting the built motor in the red car and leaving the red cars motor totally intact and putting a KB or Whipple on the built motor:beer: . It is still up in the air right now:shrug:
That sounds like a great idea! nice to have a brand new engine lying around and another one to push to it's limit and see just how far she'll go before experiencing trouble!!

Users who are viewing this thread