GT500 Dyno - Stock and Tuned - video inside

bubbrubb

nckissfan said:
there was a bone stock GT500 at the SCMC Parkway Ford show in Winston Salem, NC yesterday. He got tuned to 493 rwhp. I can't remember the tq #. Just think what some nice bolt ons will do for ya.
Don't forget that Dave's numbers were on CA's wonderful 91 octane gas if you're going to compare the two cars..

Thats pretty awesome news to hear that the norm will be near the 500rwhp mark with just a tune in cool weather!!! :rockon: :rockon:

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
nckissfan said:
there was a bone stock GT500 at the SCMC Parkway Ford show in Winston Salem, NC yesterday. He got tuned to 493 rwhp. I can't remember the tq #. Just think what some nice bolt ons will do for ya.
the car made 496rwhp std, which is probably what that guy had.

Dave07997S

Established Member
Dave congrats..If at all possible I would love to see the car before you bail to Chicago. I am back from Japan...awesome numbers.

Dave

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
Dave01M3 said:
Dave congrats..If at all possible I would love to see the car before you bail to Chicago. I am back from Japan...awesome numbers.

Dave
what are u doing today? u can call me.

Last edited:

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
Tuned...red is hot, green is iced down for 25 minutes (still hot)

Tunednumbers.gif

all runs
dynoruns.gif

stock tune was a little lean here, we cleaned it up...
Stockleanspot.gif

just showing the a/f a little cleaner
GussinAf.gif

horsepower

GussinHP.gif

torque...
Torque.gif

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
damn, nice numbers man! i really cant wait to see this thing with full bolt ons, should be a beast. when are you planning to take her down the quarter, im sure we would all like to see what you could do with this thing.

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
Ry_Trapp0 said:
damn, nice numbers man! i really cant wait to see this thing with full bolt ons, should be a beast. when are you planning to take her down the quarter, im sure we would all like to see what you could do with this thing.
I will be running the 1/8th this coming thursday. We dont have any good 1/4 tracks around here. LACR has become dangerous due to lack of track prep. We've had 2 accidents effecting 2 cobras and a GT from our local board due to losing traction after 100 mph.

DVan8504

Established Member
I'm guessing this car will see a turbo at some point instead of a s/c judging by your avatar. Is that a possibility?

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
DVan8504 said:
I'm guessing this car will see a turbo at some point instead of a s/c judging by your avatar. Is that a possibility?
I was going turbo with my 04 cobra until I decided to get the shelby...This car has a 99.1% chance of sticking with a positive displacement blower, .9% it will see a turbo.

Last edited:

DVan8504

Established Member
dgussin1 said:
I was going turbo with my 04 cobra until I decided to get the shelby...This car has a 99.1% chance of sticking with a positive displacement blower, .1% it will see a turbo.

Gotcha. Suppose it's a little early in the game to make these calls since no one knows what the aftermarket is really going to offer or how these cars will respond to mods or how tough the stock block really is.

chuckstang

Established Member
dgussin1 said:
that might work...I am probably gonna install my coil overs on sunday. :banana:

I thought you wanted to get it to the track before any mods so you could have some good baseline runs ?
I would gone 100% stock, then go back with dr's and then tune, then intake exhaust, then pulley...:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread