GT500 Gets Smoked.........Again!!!!

peteypab2133

Established Member
Exhaust Notes - A Blog from MSN Autos - MSN Autos

Check out this story and video...........pretty wild!!!!!

Actually a pretty bad ass video. They lived up to the last time they did this.

A few opinions of my own.

The lambo is a monster with that much power and AWD. 130 mph in the quarter is just fast for stock.

A little bummed about the GTR losing, but I have seen them testing them in the high 10's so i know its capable.

The GT500 was the did an ABSOLUTELY great job coming in 4th behind the $400,000 AWD lambo, the $300,000 mclaren (weight won this battle) and the $105,000 AWD GTR.

The best sounding exhaust in my opinion is the Mclaren, it sounded sooo sinister. The lambo is a little too raspy, but bad ass in its own sense.

The benz was loud for being a benz. The GTR was obviously the most upsetting of the bunch. Even with an exhaust on them, they do not sound as good as the R34's and the R32's.

Loved the fact that this was not a PREPPED track, and these cars performed VERY well. The BRZ finish line was great and I am glad they were able to have some fun with that car being there.

I truly think the Zr1 would have given the lambo some pure competition, and the mph in the quarter wouldve been about dead even. Finally MT put something good together again....

20redfire03

Established Member
So the times shown in this video were what they ran in this video or was it the time they ran in testing? Because didnt they run a 11.6 at 125 in the GT500 and 12.1 at 117 in the ZL1?

bpmurr

Established Member
I might be mistaken but I think this is the best non GM produced quarter mile time for the ZL1.

CobRoush-00

Established Member
Very disappointed in the GT-R and very proud of the Mustang. However, I wonder why a Bugatti Veyron was not invited to the dance. Hummm!

Mustangs

I think the top 3 exhaust note for me would have to be the Mustang, Camaro, and the Aventador. Worst is definitely the GT-R....that thing just sounded like crap!

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Awsome video. Too bad there was no Viper and/or ZR1. Glad to see all cars being tested together so every car in the test was facing the same variables and conditions. GT500 was most impressive out of the bunch IMO. Definitely the best bang for your buck. Gotta love the Lambo, that thing is on a whole different level. Merc was just badass, would love to daily that thing. GTR sounded like a freshly soiled baby diaper getting squashed.

Users who are viewing this thread