GT500 KR Wheels?????

ImprezivSTi04

DAMNIT i need a cobra....
Established Member
so this question may have been asked before...and it may be a very stupid one so i have my flame suit on and i am prepared.

im in the market for a mustang now, and im torn as im sure may potential buyers are between a terminator and a gt500.

my question is, i love the extra little mean look the KR hood gives and i LOVE the wheels.

So my question is does anyone know where or if KR replica wheels are made, and where can they be found? how about the hood? thank for any help guys!!!

Blaine

Established Member
so this question may have been asked before...and it may be a very stupid one so i have my flame suit on and i am prepared.

im in the market for a mustang now, and im torn as im sure may potential buyers are between a terminator and a gt500.

my question is, i love the extra little mean look the KR hood gives and i LOVE the wheels.

So my question is does anyone know where or if KR replica wheels are made, and where can they be found? how about the hood? thank for any help guys!!!

KR hood clone is the Truefiber hood. The KR wheels are 18" and can't be bought, but you can get the 20" version of them which are used on the SuperSnake. The SS wheels can be purchased from Shelby.

I believe this is the look you want?

xdscno.jpg

Click on my Signature I have the Truefiber hood on mine with the SuperSnake wheels going on this week. I can get a near clone part of every part on this car from the hood to the badges.... In the last 6 months I have even seen the 18" KR wheels and several of the orginal hoods posted for sale on the forums which are the 2 hardest parts to get.

Last edited:

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
The hoods will slowly start showing up...

The 18" wheels are going to be a little harder. I only know of one set that got out. Ford is being pretty tight about "real" KR parts being available.

20" wheels can be had, but be aware of the rear offsets, if your car is lowered a 285 will probably be the fattest you can go. 305's rub for most people.

Blaine: What size tires are you planning on using with your Alcoas? And on the Truefiber/KR hood, I hears *some* rumors of using air 'restrictor plates' on the rear vents because apparently, some cars has MAF air pattern issues. Thus, lead to stalling/weird driveability issues...not sure what came of that though.

Last edited:

Blaine

Established Member
The hoods will slowly start showing up...

The 18" wheels are going to be a little harder. I only know of one set that got out. Ford is being pretty tight about "real" KR parts being available.

20" wheels can be had, but be aware of the rear offsets, if your car is lowered a 285 will probably be the fattest you can go. 305's rub for most people.

Blaine: What size tires are you planning on using with your Alcoas? And on the Truefiber/KR hood, I hears *some* rumors of using air 'restrictor plates' on the rear vents because apparently, some cars has MAF air pattern issues. Thus, lead to stalling/weird driveability issues...not sure what came of that though.

The rear vents vent air out of the engine compartment. The front intake rams air into the intake. The MAF air pattern problem can arise from the RAM air on the hood which dumps into the intake causing turbulence. The Supersnake hood has the same thing. A supersnake clone at the local shop had the same MaF problem caused by this which was easily fixed.

I am using Nitto DR's 305's, but I have Steeda coilovers so I can adjust the height to prevent any rubbing issues.

chuckstang

Established Member
sorry, can't get the wheels or hood

Some ass hat is going to come on and say you can, GOOD LUCK AND OPEN YOUR WALLET

R1Lello

Established Member
^^^

Typical of the big 3, take parts from one model, put them on the next i.e. mufflers, front end, susp parts etc......

ImprezivSTi04

DAMNIT i need a cobra....
Established Member
thanks for the info everyone. i found lots of the alcoa wheels with a short search.

now i just have to make a decision and find what i want..:shrug:

Blaine

Established Member

Some ass hat is going to come on and say you can, GOOD LUCK AND OPEN YOUR WALLET

You can, but yes.... open the wallet wide. ;-) But for how low the KR's have dropped in price.... your almost better off buying one.

chuckstang

Established Member
You can, but yes.... open the wallet wide. ;-) But for how low the KR's have dropped in price.... your almost better off buying one.

Well, a clone KR hood is not the real thing and nor are the 20" Alcoas the real deal

Saw the 2010 GT500 today (coupe) and Vert and I like the look of the vert better with 18s vs 19s, go figure!

04YellowGT

Established Member

My guess is you're talking about me? :D

I don't know how or why I'm an asshat but thats cool. I had something that was/is in high demand and was trying to make some money on it. Sue me.

The way I look at it $3000 for a hood that NO ONE can get unless they buy a 65-70k car isn't a bad deal. Not to mention that the Carbon fiber knock offs are running $1500 and need extra prepping, have had quality problems and are still not real KR Hoods.

Plus I sold the last two I had.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
I'm still wandering between the 20" SS/KR Concept Alcoas or a set of 19" or 20" Trueforged...

Kinda diggin' the new 18" GT wheels too though.

chuckstang

Established Member
My guess is you're talking about me? :D

I don't know how or why I'm an asshat but thats cool. I had something that was/is in high demand and was trying to make some money on it. Sue me.

The way I look at it $3000 for a hood that NO ONE can get unless they buy a 65-70k car isn't a bad deal. Not to mention that the Carbon fiber knock offs are running $1500 and need extra prepping, have had quality problems and are still not real KR Hoods.

Plus I sold the last two I had.

No, you are the man! The ass hat is the one that mentions you

lol

:lol:

chuckstang

Established Member
Those 18" wheels for 2010 that look like the KR rims, I bet you my left nut they are only 8.5" wide and def will not fit over the Brembos

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Those 18" wheels for 2010 that look like the KR rims, I bet you my left nut they are only 8.5" wide and def will not fit over the Brembos

You KNOW they'll be narrow because Ford is only going to use a 235 or 245 max tire for both fuel mileage, driveby noise and cheap.

And no...def. won't clear the Brembos.

Just kind of a neat design though.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
:poke::burn::p
:dw:

C'mon now...:lol1:

I admit...I like the 20" Alcoas. I just hate the rear offsets enough not to buy them because I refuse to run a smaller than stock tire.

20's are winning out due to tire selection. 19's would almost force me to run the BFG KDW's...which I'm not that fond of.

Users who are viewing this thread