GT500 on ebay

50 Proof

Established Member
Hell, at that price I'd expect these to be flying off the dealer lot. :rolleyes:

With the financial trouble Ford is in, they should have started charging the dealerships more money for these cars since the dealerships obviously can get customers to pay ridiculous amounts of money for a fake shelby.

Neverlift

scotchy scotch scotch
Established Member
Maybe supply is catching up with demand. I heard alot of these cars were being built.. Too bad, I just about gave up on buying a shelby. There are so many cool things to do/cars to build for that kind of money.

tvguy

If I remember correctly, that same Ford dealer used to have tons of 03/04's too back in the day. Not sure how they get them. I just noticed Galpin had 2 GT500's. One at $85,000 and one at $100,000. Unfortunately in SoCal, someone will ante up.
PACOTACO

Lightning LA

Mark it ZERO!
Established Member
I would love to have a new GT 500,and the Grabber Orange is Definitely the one i'd Buy.But i'm NOT about to pay the prices that these Dealer's are charging,and Getting!

03CobraBro

Established Member
You can get C6 Z06'es, now, for MSRP or possibly less which wouldnt be too far away from that neighborhood. No thanks GT500.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
pacotaco said:
If I remember correctly, that same Ford dealer used to have tons of 03/04's too back in the day. Not sure how they get them. I just noticed Galpin had 2 GT500's. One at $85,000 and one at $100,000. Unfortunately in SoCal, someone will ante up.
PACOTACO

yeah Galpin is one of the larger ford dealerships in socal. it has its own showroom that has various classic ford vehicles. and being in so-cal, yes, someone will most likely ante up, they have the huge car meets every weekend when its nice on the coast somewhere (the location has been changing alot) that is host to high end european, domestic, import, and lots and lots of modded cars alike. so-cal has a really good car scene since the price of living is so high you gotta make bank down there to get by, and most only live there cause they have more than enough to get ahead.

i think the reason galpin can get such a high number of top end fords is because ford knows they will sell them. sadly, all the nor-cal dealerships are stagnated with GT500's. they did the 40k+40k markup and turned away buyers but now the same cars are sitting cause nobody wants them, ive yet to see any GT500 on the road, see dozens of new ZO6's though, and theyre the same price and better.

Last edited:

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
You would think Ford would have some kind of rule about dealers marking up the price that much. It looks as if it is beginning to come back to them because it appears the cars aren't moving of the lots, and if the cars aren't moving off the lots, the dealer isn't going to need more from the factory.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
I saw that yesterday also and called them on their cars. I told the guy that a buddy gave me their phone number like I hadn't seen anything on e-bay. He told me they had 7 left and the best they could do was 18,500 over sticker. What a freakin joke. He said they had sold 30 of them. You don't know who to believe on those cars yet as their still outrageous!!

monkeyspunk79

A Van Down by the River.
Established Member
In late 2004 the Ford dealer near my hometown had 2 '04 Cobras they were practically giving away, and nobody wanted them. I guess people got tired of their ridiculous markup and just moved on with their lives. They sat until winter when they finally sold at a more reasonable price.

If dealers sold these at a marginal markup they would actually SELL these cars.

svtjunkie

you've got red on you
Established Member
monkeyspunk79 said:
If dealers sold these at a marginal markup they would actually SELL these cars.

yep, and I bet that they would sell a lot really fast.

71stang99

Established Member
overpriced hoopla. It will be brought down to reality soon. Nice sat antenna on the trunk....at least the Vette figured that out after the 05 model.

Users who are viewing this thread