GT500 pics of it in the street

mrGT

Established Member
The rear end dissapointed me though i was hoping it would say S-H-E-L-B-Y across the trunk lid.
I''ve actually been to my body shop to talk about making the conversion to the concept look....I just need to find the concept letters, which look to be slightly larger than the badge on the production. It basically forces me to paint the stripes on below the ducktail, which is okay with me. I don't know if I want the spotlight in the ducktail or not.....I just want that look.

So if anyone knows where I can go to find letters, I would be much appreciative.

Last edited:

91svtbird

Established Member
Jpjr said:
most people know my opinion but i predict they will sell like hot cakes. this is exactly the car that people in that bracket want. a homage to the past, with an everything bigger is better attitude. topping it off with the race stripes will really make people stand out from the crowd.

Stripes are optional. What's wrong with more power? :poke:

91svtbird

Established Member
USMC_0331 said:
IMHO I think the entire car looks like a$$.. :shrug:
That's a real constructive remark. Maybe you should stick to the o3 Cobra forum you'll like what you see better over there.IMHO

kyStang1889

Ford Tech
Established Member
wow some of you guys sound like.... i dunno what but a bunch of babies, i mean come on thats like getting a sweet beach house and crying cuz the carpet isn't the right color or i dunno getting a 500 hp car and crying about the gauges

Captain Beyond

Established Member
I wonder if the diehard Camaro guys are laughing at us right now with all this bitching and hatred toward this car. I think that they would be happy and grateful for a 500 hp factory musclecar.

FAsnakes

الوزن الى القوة
Established Member
91svtbird said:
That's a real constructive remark. Maybe you should stick to the o3 Cobra forum you'll like what you see better over there.IMHO
I apologize. My intent was not to offend you or anyone for that matter however, I feel like the car depicted in its earlier form was more appealing to my taste. Furthermore, I was unaware that replies had a prerequisite of containing a constructive focus and replies of a subjective nature were frowned upon.

Conversely, you offer an opinionated reply as well. So the conclusion is simple.
IMHO :kaboom:
Take Care,

Bower

Established Member
It's not hatred toward the GT500 at all! At least not for me. There are some naysayers who hate everything, some who will love anything Ford (even if it's crap), and there's the middle. And everything in between.

But it's all good, because different points of view will (hopefully) make people think. Right now, the GT500 is the best thing out there for drag racing, right out of the box. Knock some air out of the rear tires then have at it. I like drag racing a lot - but it is a lot of waiting around for 90 minutes to have your 13 seconds of glory. (Does that mean that Civic drivers have more fun since it takes them so long to get to the end?)

Some negative comments are from people who still love the car - just pointing out something that bugs them. Could be the rear end style, the lettering, the colors, the gauges, weight (*oink*!), whatever. But I've heard no one complain about the out of the box potential of this beast for drags. There are those who wish for just a little bit more for track days. It would do pretty good on a track, but it is heavy, the suspension is not really there, and the gauges are a problem.

The car is what it is - and Ford will be making other variants to be sure. I think most people want the car to succeed, even if it's not quite what they are looking for. I know I do - and I will salute anyone that drives by in this car.

-Dave

91svtbird

Established Member
USMC_0331 said:
I apologize. My intent was not to offend you or anyone for that matter however, I feel like the car depicted in its earlier form was more appealing to my taste. Furthermore, I was unaware that replies had a prerequisite of containing a constructive focus and replies of a subjective nature were frowned upon.

Conversely, you offer an opinionated reply as well. So the conclusion is simple.
IMHO :kaboom:
Take Care,
Nothing wrong with an opinion ,just think it should have some constructive merritt. I just think since you feel the way you do about this car you would be happier on the 03 Cobra forum. By the way I like the 03-04 Cobras too.
Peace! :rockon:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
If I was a Ford SVT engineer, this is how I would have done the engine bay. And I would have used some sort of composit cover similar to what Saleen uses to cver up the blower and fuel rail.

gt500_engine_bay.jpg

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
This is not to scale. I had to elongate most of it so that you would be able to make sense of everything.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
And you could just move the I/C reservoir and the engine coolant reservoir over to where the induction system used to go (filter box and inlet tube).

-Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread