GT500 Price will be...

04 Redline

Established Member
One of my customers just received a phone call from my dealership about his postion on the gt500 list. When he asked what the MSRP is, our rep told him $45K. Not bad in his opinion. But, there is also a markup of $40K, and we're the largest Ford dealership in the world. $85K apparently is a starting point. A little too expensive for me.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
04 Redline said:
One of my customers just received a phone call from my dealership about his postion on the gt500 list. When he asked what the MSRP is, our rep told him $45K. Not bad in his opinion. But, there is also a markup of $40K, and we're the largest Ford dealership in the world. $85K apparently is a starting point. A little too expensive for me.

I dont think it will sell for 85k :rolleyes: ......price its not going to exceed 50k

UCBeau

can't 85k get you a new Z06 or Viper? if yea, screw that, the GT500 is barely worth 40,000 as it stands, not 85k

CleanCobra

The Anti-Bling
Established Member
I can see 50,000 but 85k... they're (the dealers) ****ing crazy.

NIT2WN

torque junky
Established Member
It wouldn't suprise me one bit. Some of the dealers around here add a 'surcharge' to the car because of the lack of availability. When the new 06 Mustangs came out, we went to go look at one on the way homefrom a road trip. I happen to notice the sticker said $29,000 or close to it. I commented to my wife that we could afford the payment because it was sticker at the same price I payed for the Lightning. The salesman then informed me that while it may sticker for that, the stealership hadn't took less than $7000 over sticker. I told him he was crazy to think I was going to pay more for it than I did my truck, plus my truck was faster and could pull a trailer.

stmoney11

DSG Lightning
Established Member
85k is a bit steep to say the least, but there will be some dope that will pay that price. Most people will pay significantly less than that, 85k could get you a viper or a Z06 for even less.

A dealer near me said that they have already sold the one GT500 that they were alotted for 75k, not too far from 85k.

merp

Captain Insane-o
Established Member
See, this was the great thing about SVT driving the boat: no SVT dealer could sell cars over the SVT-established retail price. Dealers that charged premiums got their SVT status revoked.

svtruck

Huge Member
Established Member
black99lightnin said:
$85k for a GT500 :rollseyes.

Ditto. That is rediculous...they're building 10,000 of them a year last I heard...it's not like they are going to be rare. They are only "rare" because Ford is spreading them over their entire dealer network rather than their former SVT network of dealers. People who buy these cars new are going to take a massive hit in depreciation.

The people who responded above are 100% correct, you can get into a C6 ZO6 for that kind of money and let's face it, the new ZO6 is BY FAR a superior car.

Last edited:

herb101

Dis-Member-ed
Established Member
Fuggin greedy bastards! :mj: :cuss: :fm: :nonono: :fm: :cuss: :nonono: :mj: :mj: :cuss: :fm: :nonono:

Just another example of the personal overwhelming GREED of individual dealers causing folks to have a bad taste in their mouth about the manufacturer. Ford should limit this kind of crap - seems like price gouging to me.

Herb

RoadZOmbie

Established Member
cmb570 said:
was that 45k for a hardtop or conv ?

hopefully for the conv. so that means the hardtop will be like around 42K lol

if it's around 45K, I'll walk in there with the cash, test drive it, sign the paper work and begin the modding as soon as I can :read: :bowdown:

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
04 Redline said:

MOVED! :wf:

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
$85,000 - that is unreal. Do you really need one that bad to pay double what it should sell for?

crazyhorse06

Established Member
merp said:
See, this was the great thing about SVT driving the boat: no SVT dealer could sell cars over the SVT-established retail price. Dealers that charged premiums got their SVT status revoked.
???????

No they didn't. Several Terms sold over MSRP initially.

mustang196718

Snake#796,The Rice Killer
Established Member
Screw that! $85k is just completely ridiculous. There's so many other better things out there for that kind of money. c6 z06 with full exhaust, cams, and tune here I come!!!

Users who are viewing this thread