GT500 - pricing in the low 40's - for the Vert or Coupe?

mrGT

Established Member
I paid 28K out the door for a brand new 04
I think a lot of people got that price. And here's why I think they got it......Ford had just announced a major body change and hinted at a strong Mustang (which later turned out to be a Shelby) and people started the "let's wait and see" mode. This left a lot of the 03/04 Cobras sitting on the lot and the only way to get rid of them was to dump them on the market at heavily discounted prices. I would venture to bet if Ford could turn back the hands of time, they wouldn't have even produced an 04 Cobra.

If I'm even on the ball field on this, don't plan to see any market dumping of the Shelby any time soon.

That being said, that is the way I see it.

gonein60

Banned
GT500 is awesome

bunk22 said:
Understandable but it's also not 1976. I was simply pointing to the fact that Gonein60 really likes to bring up the money issue, quite often. I agree that $40K isn't cheap but it doesn't take a rich freak to afford a $40k automobile. I still want a GT-500 but will definitely wait until all the hoopla dies down to buy them at MSRP or less.
Hey, don't be misinterpreting what I said, and keep me outta your arguements. Fight your own battles and don't use me as your scapegoat :mj: . :cuss:

Last edited:

bunk22

Established Member
gonein60 said:
Hey, don't be misinterpreting what I said, and keep me outta your arguements. Fight your own battles and don't use me as your scapegoat :mj: . :cuss:

Not really in an arguement and the fact is, you bring up the money issue.......often. If you would like, I will certainly cut and past. Scapegoat for what exactly? What the hell are you talking about? :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread