GT500 red stripe edition

Kostas

Established Member
Crap!!! At 72k the only special thing about it, will be the one that buys it!

Grant Theft Auto

I hit deer.
Established Member
Sorry..i stoped looking as soon as i saw the 72k number. I guess that owner is special then :lol1:

lol it's all good. was the black and read leather seats a factory option or is it a limited edtion thing because my dads torch red w/white stripes GT500 has the blk and red leather interior and i haven't seen any other GT500's like that around here, all just have blk leather

Seahorse

Established Member
The red interior was a stand alone option (have it on mine), and the Red Stripe package was basically a badging exercise.

que4dog

Established Member
The Red/Black interior & seats, Emblems with Red inserts, Car Cover, Red exterior Stripes and some other misc. premium interior options come standard in the Red Stripe Package Cars.

Last edited:

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
The red interior was a stand alone option (have it on mine), and the Red Stripe package was basically a badging exercise.

You have an 09'. If I remember correctly, 08's (may be 07's, not sure) had this option for a very short period during the middle of the model year. Obviously Ford killed the uniqueness when then made it an available option for other years.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
^ Two posts up pretty much covers it.

In '09 the only way to get it was to order the package and it was only available with Black or White exterior. Most rare in '09 was a red package 'vert (of the "Red" option config. cars; black was most common).

At any rate, not much to it in total other than the red seat inserts, stripes and badges.

Other than that it's the same car.

Grant Theft Auto

I hit deer.
Established Member
thanks for the info guys! i guess we have a rare GT500 then lol, i think i stated it before ours is a torch red '07 with white stripes and red seat inserts, fully loaded with car cover

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Actually, looking more into it, the 07' model year was the 1 month run that I was thinking of.

Red Stripe Breakdown: Allready Included in Coupe Numbers above
Red Stripe Package (Coupe)
Exterior
Red (D3) 0
Alloy (G5) 0
Vista Blue ( G9) 0
Performance White (HP) 128
Tungsten Grey (T8) 0
Grabber Orange (U3) 0
Ebony (UA) 169
Total: 297

Spawn

mmjax.com webmaster
Established Member
Mine is a 09 with red and black interior and its a torch with full stripe delete.
As I understand it only 15 like this were made in 09.... does that mean I can sell it for 72k...ROFL

c6vette

Established Member
Given that it's been offered every year and is easily reproducible, there isn't anything special about it...

DSCN0811.gif

Last edited:

svt1111

Established Member
A Ford dealer near me has a 2007 with less than 100 miles on it asking $80k plus for it. He has a 2010 Cobra and you can drive it off the showroom floor for $100k plus.

The sales manager there must be addicted to sniffing glue.

DPHSOONER

If its reproduced then its a FAKE. The people that bought a RED STRIPE APPEARANCE PKG CAR were probably looking for a car with a little bit more exclusive production numbers. You can also reproduce a GT500 supersnake but it will be a FAKE SNAKE. Every Shelby can be reproduced but the paperwork following it will not reflect it to be the real thing.

que4dog

Established Member
if its reproduced then its a fake. The people that bought a red stripe appearance pkg car were probably looking for a car with a little bit more exclusive production numbers. You can also reproduce a gt500 supersnake but it will be a fake snake. Every shelby can be reproduced but the paperwork following it will not reflect it to be the real thing.

+1

Users who are viewing this thread