GT500 Road trip

Paul1138

Established Member
Hi guys -

So, whenever my car arrives (hopefully November), I'm going to be taking a road trip from the dealer in Kansas to NY. I'll be heading south to Texas first, to meet the guys at the Gas Monkey from the show Fast N Loud then heading East through Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, SC, NC, etc. I'll be traveling with Mike Musto from the Drive Channel (an old friend, check out his show BIG MUSCLE). I'll be bringing along a Go Pro and a Digital SLR for HD video and photos, to record the journey and the immature stupidity of our adventures along the way. It would be great to meet some of you guys on the way and photograph/video yourself and your cars. If you guys are interested and if the planets align with all our schedules, give me a holler! I'll have more information on the trip as i get closer to receiving the car.

Thanks!
Paul

nix5o

Established Member
When do you think it you'll be going through louisiana? I don't live far from I-10. I'll buy you lunch if I'm home.

TJR12

TJR12
Established Member
Would love to connect if you make it near Atlanta, get a few Shelby's together, hit some great North Georgia roads, head over the the Cherahola Skyway, and the Tail of the Dragon (weather dependant of course given the time of year you are considering). Sounds like a fun trip.

rancid

Established Member
Would love to connect if you make it near Atlanta, get a few Shelby's together, hit some great North Georgia roads, head over the the Cherahola Skyway, and the Tail of the Dragon (weather dependant of course given the time of year you are considering). Sounds like a fun trip.

Not trying to hijack the thread but what part of Atlanta are you in? My Shelby should be here any day and I am about 35 min North of the Perimeter.

Paul1138

Established Member

That sounds awesome. I'll keep you posted!

Paul1138

Established Member
What states are you driving through?

Western Kansas, TX, LA,MS, AL, GA, NC, SC, VA, PA, NJ, NY is my goal as it's warmer states for the most part (doing this end of NOV). We may do this instead (depending on weather), Western KS, TX, AR, TN, KY, WV, PA, NY.

SGMPhil

The Sergeant Major
Established Member
I'm in central Texas, if you make it to the Austin area (you need to spend some time on 6th street) - I'll be glad to hook up with you. Beer is on me.

willfong

Established Member
Hey Paul 1138 - interesting, I am in NYC and ordered my GT500 from a dealer just outside of San Fran. Ordered 5/29 and finally got my first update last week that the build date is slated for 10/01. I assume delivery should be mid November. I am hoping to drive the car cross country back home. Maybe we can make it a 2 car (or more?) cross country trip by meeting you in KS or TX. I was thinking about doing the cross country drive and stopping at sites/cities over a 10 day time frame. What is your time frame for the drive? Again I am like you with no definate plans as the car likely wont arrive for another 2 months.

Last edited:

TJR12

TJR12
Established Member
Not trying to hijack the thread but what part of Atlanta are you in? My Shelby should be here any day and I am about 35 min North of the Perimeter.

I'm off exit 9 on 400, guessing we are pretty close. I should have mine by the end of October. Definitely interested in connecting with some other owners in the area. Send me a message if you are interested and we can plan something once we both have our cars.

Paul1138

Established Member
Hey Paul 1138 - interesting, I am in NYC and ordered my GT500 from a dealer just outside of San Fran. Ordered 5/29 and finally got my first update last week that the build date is slated for 10/01. I assume delivery should be mid November. I am hoping to drive the car cross country back home. Maybe we can make it a 2 car (or more?) cross country trip by meeting you in KS or TX. I was thinking about doing the cross country drive and stopping at sites/cities over a 10 day time frame. What is your time frame for the drive? Again I am like you with no definate plans as the car likely wont arrive for another 2 months.

That could be really cool. I have tons of vacation time and I'm an avid photographer so I'm taking my time getting back to NY, taking pictures and the such, would love to meet up! I don't have a build date yet, but I've been told Oct as well. Let's keep in touch on this and try to coordinate. Are you in NYC proper? I work in Tribeca but live in Westchester (around Sleepy Hollow). Funny as my friend Mike who's joining me is from Queens but now lives outside SanFran (Walnut Creek)!

BrettR

Established Member
I'm in Louisiana I would me up with you if you pass through.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Paul1138

Established Member
Mike has done the BULLRUN and ONE LAP around 7 times, so he's putting together a great route for a fun ride. I'll keep everyone posted on our exact route ASAP.

Here's hoping to a fun time meeting everyone and having a little spirited jaunt with a bunch of GT500s.

7ONE7

B737 DRVR
Established Member
I am in western AR, let me know if you plan on coming this way. Situated 30 min north of I30 going through Arkadelphia....

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Yeah, and I'm in central Arkansas, so if I have my car by that time (quoted late Oct, early Nov) I'll be happy to try to make it as well.

Users who are viewing this thread