GT500 to Boss?

PLASMAN

Don
Established Member
hey guys just sold my GT500 last week with hopes of ordering a 2013 GT500. After a trip to the dealer they said it could be late July or august before they arrive. Don't know if I can wait that long for another mustang. Looked at a left over 2012 boss and started it, sounded good and is appealing. So I found out the dealer has a gotta have it green 2013 already on order and offered it to me because its not spoken for yet.

so any GT500 owners convert to the BOSS and what was your impressions and feedback?

ArabianOak

Established Member
I just traded my 2012 GT 5.0 on a BOSS last week and could not be happier!

Cars with just a tune/tire are running mid/low 11's with trap speeds of 120-123. Handling is phenomenal and the car is very very stable and balanced.

Will they let you test drive it? What color?

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
I had a 2011 Shelby, really loved the car....except the 1-2 grind. I would still have the Shelby if it didn't have transmission problems. The Boss is an amazing ride, completely different then the Shelby. The Boss is more of a drivers car, with a much better blend of braking and handling, much more nimble. The Shelby is more of a muscle car, sounds amazing, more plush interior, and has tire annihilating power. The Boss is a beast 1-3 gears, where as the Shelby doesnt get traction till 50mph+. Both cars are performers, just really depends on your preference, the better car is subjective. The good news is that you can't go wrong with either car.

Last edited:

PLASMAN

Don
Established Member
I just traded my 2012 GT 5.0 on a BOSS last week and could not be happier!

Cars with just a tune/tire are running mid/low 11's with trap speeds of 120-123. Handling is phenomenal and the car is very very stable and balanced.

Will they let you test drive it? What color?

I have followed your posts this week, and I too would move quickly on mods and such. The 2012 is a CO with black. The one I really am considering is the 2013 on order which is that new green (gotta have it green- is the name of the color) with black. It kind of looks like a kawasaki ninja green. Didn't drive it yet, didn't even ask because I am more interested in the 2013 due to the technology upgrades. It has the track apps in the 4.2 lcd screen in the gauges as well as steering selectivity, as well as sync which I love. I will go back saturday to see if I can test drive it.
I had a 2011 Shelby, really loved the car....except the 1-2 grind. I would still have the Shelby if it didn't have transmission problems. The Boss is an amazing ride, completely different then the Shelby. The Boss is more of a drivers car, with a much better blend of braking and handling, much more nimble. The Shelby is more of a muscle car, sounds amazing, more plush interior, and has tire annihilating power. The Boss is a beast 1-3 gears, where as the Shelby doesnt get traction till 50mph+. Both cars are performers, just really depends on your preference, the better car is subjective. The good news is that you can't go wrong with either car.
I completely know what you are talkning about with no traction until 50+mph. I was around 575RWHP with my mods and loved the supercharger whine, but that power was useless in 1-2nd gears and down right scary in third. You either had traction or were sideways and smoking at 50-75mph which is developed talent to control. I think I would like the dialed in suspension of the boss and the certainty that the car is planted and in control or predictable.

Crazy question anyone out there supercharging their Boss? I have a good deal $3k on a procharger that would fit the boss, and wonder if that would be a happy medium for me, and I'm not looking for insane HP numbers or high boost just a little extra oomph when needed.

Thanks for the feedback guys just gathering some information from your experiences...oh and don't tell the GT500 guys I'm over here..ha ha

Last edited:

ShaneMcG

Established Member
be sure the cars have the torsen, that and the recaro's are the only options that matter on the boss. ive driven a 11-gt500 for a week last summer and from that short time behind the wheel and having owned the boss for a year now i think in most instances the two cars are a drivers race stock for stock. the boss tranny has its own issues, but its much easier to shift than that GT500 was. there have been several supercharge boss' already. a procharger would be sweet and you can coax huge power out of the boss with one. that said, adding a blower to the boss will give you the same traction issues you had with the gt500. i bought my boss intending on supercharging it, then took it to the track and never thought about that again.

ps come out to eagles canyon raceway sometime or msr cresson and hit the track.

bpmurr

Established Member
I'm thinking about picking up a 2013 Boss for the very same reason. Most likely the GT500 won't hit until mid June. I can enjoy a Boss now, let any issues get worked out on the GT500 and make the move on one for next year. So far the Bosses have great resale value so I wouldn't take much of a hit.

42RCODE

To Many Toys !
Established Member
I own both cars and I enjoy them both but as Burnin4 has stated they are two differant Mustangs. Good luck. :beer:

bpmurr

Established Member
From the 2013 Section is looks like some GT500s might be being built sooner then expected.

Users who are viewing this thread