GT500/Viper/Z06 Clutch work as a replacement?

srl135

Wreck 'em Tech!
Established Member
Just wondering why it wouldnt work? I have asked several shops and people over the last year and nobody could tell me if this would work or not.

Purpose - Upgrade to a 26 spline input shaft, but still want the driveability and feel of a stock clutch... with that in mind, then why couldnt a GT500 clutch, or Z06 clutch, or even a viper stock clutch mate up?

All of those would allow a stock replacement that accomodates the stronger input shaft and should hold the abuse from a whippled cobra, but again, just a curiousity thing. It would be interesting to see done imo.

Last edited:

1QUICK10TH

Just A GT
Established Member
The answer is no. For instance dodge challenger uses a 6060, same 26 spline as t56 but its a nine inch clutch. There's a lot more to clutches than spline count. Order the clutch for your car

perry2k12

Established Member
Mcleod RXT.... will hold way more power than most people will ever make and it's easier to press down than a stock clutch.

srl135

Wreck 'em Tech!
Established Member
The answer is no. For instance dodge challenger uses a 6060, same 26 spline as t56 but its a nine inch clutch. There's a lot more to clutches than spline count. Order the clutch for your car

I realize that, but i believe (at least for certian years) that those cars also had the T-56 transmission with a 26 spline input shaft...hence the question.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
no need to think that far out of the box IMO, most of those are hydraulic designs anyways. The C6Z clutch will not take a lot of slip abuse or high levels of low end tq...something these blown fords really make.

the RXT is the easy choice. Superb drivability, outstanding hp/tq capacity. It might seem expensive up front, and it is.....but you will do this one time and then be done with it. It's that good (and this is coming from a C6Z owner)

Users who are viewing this thread