GT500 vs GT-X

jman345

Banned
Fourcam330 said:
Personally I could care less what the car is called. :shrug: The bottom line is the car is better in every performance aspect, despite being handicapped with Ford's latest throttle Nazi ETC, and rides on a much nicer platform. Yes, it's heavy, but such is life.

I never said the car was an OT special, obviously it was designed for cruising/daily driving. They will be outstanding at the strip when the mods start coming, and from the vids I've seen so far the car is far from horrible on a track either.

By that logic the '00R guys really got hosed, shelling out that kind of scrilla for N/A 5.4s in an antiquated chassis. The car is what it is, and that's not bad for the money.
As for your logic about buying a GT, lol, you mind as well start with a BIW or V6 if you want cheapest/fastest possible. The fact is many out there want something slightly less common than a Mustang GT. I'm sure the same applies to Z06 owners and standard Vettes.

What are the powertrain specs? Is it a supercharged stock bottom end 4.6 3v? HP/TQ #s? Can't read the scanned mag.
What's with the non sequitor avg. consumer comment? Who gives a shit about the average consumer, we're comparing cars. :shrug:
$50k for that thing? LMFAO. With the $4k+ cost difference the GT500 would piss all over the "X" in a straight line--which btw, is what the majority care about.

This dude knows his shit.

bluestreak89

Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
What are the powertrain specs? Is it a supercharged stock bottom end 4.6 3v? HP/TQ #s? Can't read the scanned mag.
What's with the non sequitor avg. consumer comment? Who gives a shit about the average consumer, we're comparing cars. :shrug:
$50k for that thing? LMFAO. With the $4k+ cost difference the GT500 would piss all over the "X" in a straight line--which btw, is what the majority care about.

How would the GT500 piss all over the X? Explain that logic. In the hands of an average driver the GT500 will run mid to high 12's anyways. The upgraded package will walk all over the GT500 anyday and I expect the normal one would beat or tie it.

Fourcam330

Established Member
bluestreak89 said:
How would the GT500 piss all over the X? Explain that logic. In the hands of an average driver the GT500 will run mid to high 12's anyways. The upgraded package will walk all over the GT500 anyday and I expect the normal one would beat or tie it.

That $4k+ invested into a GT500 (difference in price between the two) nets you an easy 600rw via a twin screw. Again, will you please post the damn powertrain specs for the GTX, both normal and upgraded? Regardless, if it's a stock shortblock car you're on borrowed time as is, forget raising the boost.

stang22

Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
That $4k+ invested into a GT500 (difference in price between the two) nets you an easy 600rw via a twin screw. Again, will you please post the damn powertrain specs for the GTX, both normal and upgraded? Regardless, if it's a stock shortblock car you're on borrowed time as is, forget raising the boost.
Absolutely Brother!! There's soo much more to be had with the Shelby mods,as we all know!Its just a matter of time now,...for me!! :beer:

Mean Machine

Banned
Fourcam330 said:

I can tell you one thing. Jman is my gay lover.

bluestreak89

Established Member
Fourcam330 said:

Yeah we will see if that block can hold 600rwhp which I doubt it will for any duration of time. Not to mention all that hp is still only making up for the HP/Weight Diff that already exists. I'll post the drivetrain specs later as i dont have the mag with me right now.

Fourcam330

Established Member
bluestreak89 said:
Yeah we will see if that block can hold 600rwhp which I doubt it will for any duration of time. Not to mention all that hp is still only making up for the HP/Weight Diff that already exists. I'll post the drivetrain specs later as i dont have the mag with me right now.

The blocks can and have held 1400HP+. I'm assuming you mean the rods? If so keep in mind, they aren't 4340 Hs, but they are lightyears ahead of the PM shit found in cast/standard modular bottom ends.

rb185afm

Established Member
bluestreak89 said:
Vipers used to be very small numbers compared to vette and stangs each year until this one. And if you call from 90k to 67k in less than a year holding value then I want to buy your next new car after a year. The older vipers hold pretty well which I assume is what you mean, but we are talking about a Mustang here not a Viper.

The mustangs will depreciate and when you think about it people will pay 50-60k for new ones but they are only worth 41-47 at that very moment so after a year you are garaunteed to be low 30's for a low mileage car because the premium wont hold forever and they will sell for MSRP and who would pay 35k for a used one when you can pay 41k for a new one in year or so.

I have to agree. They only built an average of 1000 GTS Vipers a year. And they only did the GTS for 7 years. So only 7,000 ish were ever built.The mustang will hit more than that in its first 10 months. And the Vipers still depreciated quite a bit. I dont know how many of the newer SRT-10 they built but I believe the # are quit a bit higher than the GTS's.

Last edited:

TcM-668

Heck,
I'm glad they are going to build the GT500. Now the 2KR owners have a better source for parts (other than the GT).!!!

Build all you can! Now I can get an Alum 5.4GT Eng, heads, S/C Int/AFC, etc without having to really dig into the bag of tricks to make more power...

I have no regrets about buying my R, then or now. It was what I wanted, and I saved for 6 yrs to get one( started after the 95 Rs came out). Mine is not a hangard queen and has seen the occasional rainy day!

I am looking forward to the GT500H or the GT500KR tho.

Regards.

Users who are viewing this thread