Gt500 vs m5 vid

FastOldGuy52

Established Member
Not sure of exact mods but a good vid..
Does the GT500 sound like its got a pulley>?
I dont think so ...:shrug: I could be wrong

I'd expect a stock GT 500 to lose to an M5 with ECU and exhaust.

I can tell you for a fact that GT was not a 600hp car. They raced it against a regular Gallardo in another video. I have raced my neighbor's Gallardo below and beat him and I my car only makes 542hp. The 2004-5 Gallardo runs a stock 12.2 quarter mile. Think a 600hp Shelby can do better than that. I KNOW it can. I call BS on the Shelby being anything other than stock.

006.jpg

Last edited:

Rated///M

Established Member
I'd expect a stock GT 500 to lose to an M5 with ECU and exhaust.

I can tell you for a fact that GT was not a 600hp car. They raced it against a regular Gallardo in another video. I have raced my neighbor's Gallardo below and beat him and I my car only makes 542hp. The 2004-5 Gallardo runs a stock 12.2 quarter mile. Think a 600hp Shelby can do better than that. I KNOW it can. I call BS on the Shelby being anything other than stock.

006.jpg

Racing from a roll has nothing to do with quarter mile times..

BayareaSS

Established Member
still rather have the gt500, bmws are boring as hell when you get down to it. just a round box with the same look as every other bmw they've made pretty much. Respectable cars, but boring as hell.
Coming from a guy that has the most boring challenger in the world in his sig :lol1:
Racing from a roll has nothing to do with quarter mile times..

Very true :beer:

Rated///M

Established Member
True the Gallardo is MORE impressive from a dig because of its AWD. I raced my neighbor from a roll and beat him convincingly.

A lot of people think that, but Gallardo's and M5's don't have too much torque. Takes a little bit to get the car rolling. Gallardo's trap 115ish, and according to your mods you should beat him like you said.

Users who are viewing this thread