GT500 vs R6

rev440

young punk
Established Member
So I was coming home from the local bike dealer picking up some parts for a friends quad and I see some bikes hauling ass ones doing a stand up wheelie so I mat it and Im about 15 car lenghts behind them finally they slow down and I keep my speed and catch them at a stop light. It turns out one is a Harley one is a Z1000 street fighter looking bike and the other is a 07 R6S. I have always wanted to run a bike as most of us have. So I pass the harley get up next to the R6 and put it in 3rd gear Im at about 60mph so this is a really odd part of my gearing I didnt think of starting in 2nd gear it seemd way to high to make an effective pull. I get next to him he looks over I point forward a second later he mats it so I get it too 3rd gear ends bang out 4th traffic comes up on his side so he shuts down I was about half a car in front of him. For just a random encounter with being in an awful spot for the car, I was pretty pleased. The car is just your average pulley,exhaust,cai car put down a touch over 530 at the wheels. I wish I could of seen it his riding buddy with the harley was behind us I bet he enjoyed the show and the R6 rider was shocked that a 3800lb pig beet him.

Last edited:

DenniSTi

Established Member
R6s's are no joke. They are the 2003-2005 R6. Solid mid 10 second bike around 125-130. He started in a higher gear or two too no doubt (and/or was just a terrible rider).

rev440

young punk
Established Member
I trap 124 so Im not worried about it. When I go to the track even the new R6 only trap 124 one was going 120. Im aware of the new R6 are a little bit of a different animal but not an 6s variation.I talked to him today figured out who he was he was in a gear higher in 2nd then he should of been but he still got a pretty decent hit I think that makes up for it. The kids an avid road racer so Id be willing to bet omney the bikes never seen a 1/4 pass. He said he wants to do it again but after 130 that Im gonna pull decent because his bike looses lots of steam after that point.

Last edited:

Zimm11

Established Member
yea r6's arnt really that fast of a road bike compared to the other big three (suzuki, honda, kawi). the power band kicks in a little higher which makes them a better track bike than street bike where the other three do well in both street and track. but the r6 is slightly a better track bike for the lightweights. i ride a suzuki and prefer them. that being said, if he was geared it would be a different story i think...GL on the next race!!!

FastOldGuy52

Established Member
Good kill OP!:beer:

I have raced a few bikes and they are generally shocked when they lose.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread