GT500 vs Z06

Phantom GTO

Established Member
Whippled GT500 (750whp) vs Twin Turbo Z06 (600whp)

Sorry for shaking in first couple videos, my wife was using our regular camera to record and it isn't great at stabilization.

I'm not sure how to embed video on this forum. If anybody knows the tags I'll embed it, thanks!

750hp GT500 vs 600hp Z06!! - YouTube

Demonio1023

Established Member
LOL at the driver mod comments. That is me in the Z06, it was about 40 degrees outside and I was on street tires. I had to start the races in third gear and pedal it. Anytime I stomped on it, the tires would just light up. I am on a stock motor and my rev limiter is set at 6100 rpm. Not the cleanest race, but it was a good time.

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
LOL at the driver mod comments. That is me in the Z06, it was about 40 degrees outside and I was on street tires. I had to start the races in third gear and pedal it. Anytime I stomped on it, the tires would just light up. I am on a stock motor and my rev limiter is set at 6100 rpm. Not the cleanest race, but it was a good time.

How much power can a stock C6Z motor take?

That's my next car :rolling:

Detoxx03

El Cucuy
Established Member

What TT kit do you have on it and why on earth are you only revving it to 6100? I understand about being on street tires (reason i'm always on dr's) and starting in 3rd isn't the best spot for a vette atleast not for a damn 30 or 55 roll. Get some dr's, rev it to 7K, and start in second and bang those gears.

MICLO50

got Liquid corn?
Established Member
600hp on twins? How much boost, 2lbs? Not hating at all either, just wondering.

SVTCobra60

Established Member
Both cars need driver mods

that video sucked camera fails angles suck and drivers suck...

Yea GT500 driver seemed like he shifted slow as shit.

And considering the zo6 owner is on the site, why would you ever blow so much money on a TT kit if your only going to make 600rwhp? That's a huge waste of money considering guys are doing that NA or with small blowers.

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
600rwhp with twins???? Doesnt the avg H/C Z06 make upper 500rwhp? I remember Livernois did a nasty stage 3 heads and cam Z06 and made 630rwhp on pump and 645rwhp on 109octane.

and 6100? the factory redline is 7k?

just wondering not trying to call you out Z06 guy..just clear up some thoughts

Users who are viewing this thread