GT500 wait list?

tw0scoops

Established Member
Hi all, this is my first post on these forums!

Question to all you guys who got a GT500,

When did the Ford dealers start taking orders for the GT500? And when did they announce that the GT500 would be going into production from the concept design?

Just trying to get an idea for future releases of the Cobra. I wanted a Cobra for a longtime, but when I was looking(when I got my '05 GT), they said they weren't making any more cobra's and didn't know when they would be again, so I gave up hope and gave into the '05.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Not sure really what your asking BUT.

You can go buy one now. If you have the Cash. Dealers are charging way over MSRP currently. But if you search hard enough, you will find one at MSRP.

You should be able to order an 08 in a couple months.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
ford dealers can take orders at any time for future products. some had thier order in the last part of 04 or early 05. others bit on the power lease which gave them first shot at the new svt model.

even though the dealers can take orders they can not order the vehicle until ford starts excepting the actual order. and they have plenty to do before production starts. as far as the actual order goes it goes something like this:

place an order/down payment(some dealer will not except downs without confirmation from ford) at a ford dealer when 1st knowledge of vehicle becomes available. some people place orders at more than one dealer.
the dealer will call back(or you can follow up) when ford lets the dealer know when they will start taking orders. at this time ford and the dealers will know the options, colors, etc.
you place exact order to your dealer.
dealer orders your auto when ford starts to accept orders for the new vehicle

knowledge is the big question? when and where things become available, when ford knows the options, when ford opens up the order banks? these are questions you can wait for your dealer to tell you or you can trust those you speak with or the new people you meet during your search. there is a lot of bogus info out thier but its pretty easy to spot the ones that are dead on 99.999% of the time. they will have the knowledge that you seek about a product long before the dealers will.

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
example someone in the know, just posted info about the 6.4l hemi going into the 09 srt 8 jeep. it will produce about 500 horsepower for the jeep and other dc models.

some people will have orders in for this new 500hp jeep grand cherokee before the end of the week. will the dealers know about it? what do you think?

tw0scoops

Established Member
Chris Benvie said:
Not sure really what your asking BUT.

You can go buy one now. If you have the Cash. Dealers are charging way over MSRP currently. But if you search hard enough, you will find one at MSRP.

You should be able to order an 08 in a couple months.

I'm looking to buy the next-gen cobra(granted that they make one. I'd get a GT500, but A) I don't have the cash cuz I just bought my '05. So I'll wait for the next one, hopefully it's just an SVT and not a SVT joint venture. But thanks for the info guys!

chuckstang

Established Member
Well good luck because SVT is actually gone. I would not expect to see another SVT Cobra Mustang. RIP 1993-2004

tw0scoops

Established Member
chuckstang said:
Well good luck because SVT is actually gone. I would not expect to see another SVT Cobra Mustang. RIP 1993-2004

That's not what Brad said over on his site:

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=59200

Seems to me if SVT were dead, another company would step up in it's place. In that case I'm not sure if I would sell my '05 for a '04 Cobra, or wait to see what comes down the line.

I hope they are not dead cuz SVT was my personal fav out of all the Specialty lines for mustangs.

chuckstang

Established Member
who the hell wants a 500 hp suv????
critics are complaining that the gt500 suspension cant even handle the power but yet no body complains that jeep has a hemi powerd suv
wtf

tw0scoops

Established Member
chuckstang said:
who the hell wants a 500 hp suv????
critics are complaining that the gt500 suspension cant even handle the power but yet no body complains that jeep has a hemi powerd suv
wtf

A soccer mom in a REALLY big hurry

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
tw0scoops said:
Seems to me if SVT were dead, another company would step up in it's place. In that case I'm not sure if I would sell my '05 for a '04 Cobra, or wait to see what comes down the line.

ford has produced many(i do mean many) performance vehicles for thier clientelle before svt/svo and will do so after svt is gone. my personal favorite was the 89 taurus sho(at the time only two other sedans were faster, both over three times the price). svt is not a seperate or different company than ford. its a group of ford engineers that work together to create high performance vehicles. very much like skunkworks for lockheed.

regardless of the future of the name "svt", those same engineers will be working to bring you high performance ford vehicles long after svt is dead and gone!:pepper: :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread