GT500KR at New York

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
I really like the look of the car. The subtle additions to the reg GT500 like the lower front clip, the nostrils nd such really make it unique. Too bad the powerplant isn't that unique. I was hoping it was going to have the prototype intercooling system from the Lightning that gave the incoming air that 30-45 sec blast of near freezing cold air. It would be nice to see an Al block with a larger displacement.

Last edited:

chuckstang

Established Member
DBK said:
Do you consider the GT500's horsepower a joke? If not, then no.
540 vs 500 will not be felt. 40 hp is not noticeable especially in a car this heavy.
And no 500 is not a joke, it is awsome and I love it:rockon:

Fourcam330

Established Member
Q: Does it make any sense whatsoever for Ford to specifically deisgn an IRS, aluminum block, etc. for a run of 1000 special edition Mustangs?

A: Of course not.

SlowSVT

Established Member
It's cool that Ford is taking the GT500 up a notch. You can count on every one of the 1000 units will be snatched up by investers. I think $100,000 is where the price will starts at and go up from there at those production volume.

Personally I would rather get a GT500 and save a boatload of money. It won't take much at all to equal or exceed the KR500 performance numbers plus you can mod it without guilt.

opps, I'm a Terminator owner which means I'm suppose to hate that car. What was I thinking :shrug:

I forgot the Tourque will be at 510,and 540-Hp,from Matts info. Matt will let me know when he gets the MSRP.allready spoke to my dealer about it. If they are luck enough to get it,we'll talk turkey!!!!!!!

jcthorne

Established Member
Gee, overnight we go from complaining how over priced a GT500 is to what a bargin it would be to buy one and mod it to the next top dog.....

fordification

Established Member
Randy Fontenot said:
I forgot the Tourque will be at 510,and 540-Hp,from Matts info. Matt will let me know when he gets the MSRP.allready spoke to my dealer about it. If they are luck enough to get it,we'll talk turkey!!!!!!!

can you ask about the weight, interior, and suspension mods as well?

the most excited people are the one's that haven't unloaded their cashola on cobra's/terms/500's. go figure.

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member
I like the look, but the modest boost in perofrmance and very low production will make it almost an exclusive collector car. As mentioned earlier, the enthusiasts will easily be able to replicate the look for not much money, and surpassing it performance wise won't really be a problem either.

Pretty car though!

SlowSVT

Established Member
I think the moderator should start the GT500KR forum ASAP even if it's a year before production starts so the guys who want one can tell the GT500 guys that their slow poor handling cars are obsolete.

GT500KR>GT500>Cobra>Model-T

:pop:

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
chuckstang said:
540 vs 500 will not be felt. 40 hp is not noticeable especially in a car this heavy.

540 and 3.73s with a re-tuned suspension is going to wallop the standard 500. 500 alone with 3.73's would be a major difference.

well i allready called the dealer for one. If there luck enough to get one,well we'll see if i can park it next too my 07/shelby GT500.I'm allready grooming my wife for this shelby. I need a little time to conviene here that i need it.Being i just built her a new home she may agree with me. We'll soon find out. I hate too even think about the MSRP/ADM!!!!,but i have a shot at it!!!!

chuckstang

Established Member
Randy Fontenot said:
well i allready called the dealer for one. If there luck enough to get one,well we'll see if i can park it next too my 07/shelby GT500.I'm allready grooming my wife for this shelby. I need a little time to conviene here that i need it.Being i just built her a new home she may agree with me. We'll soon find out. I hate too even think about the MSRP/ADM!!!!,but i have a shot at it!!!!
May I ask what you do for a living so I can switch careers or go study something that actually makes money! I envy you
congrats

03Terminator

03 Red Fire Cobra
Established Member
mustanggt500kr450_03.jpg

IMO this is what the GT500 should have looked like from the get go. Huge improvement in the looks department except for the wheels, not really feeling those belong on the car.

Here's some hi res pics from Autoblog:

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/new-york-auto-show-2008-shelby-gt500kr/

Last edited:

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
SlowSVT said:
I think the moderator should start the GT500KR forum ASAP even if it's a year before production starts so the guys who want one can tell the GT500 guys that their slow poor handling cars are obsolete.

GT500KR>GT500>Cobra>Model-T

:pop:
It's an identical car with some bolt ons.

4MuscleMachines

Established Member
fordification said:
can you ask about the weight, interior, and suspension mods as well?
Exactly, sounds like alot of items being added with negligible weight savings.
That would be the deal breaker for me (as well as ADM).

Until you ride in a light car, you won't realize how much weight handicaps the ride, feel, and acceleration of any car.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread