GTA V - who's playing?

RocketSurgeon

Established Member
Just got back from Wal-Mart for midnight release, waiting for the damn first disc to install right now.

Anyone else pick up the game tonight?

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
i saw a small group of 20 year old unemployed (looked it lol) sitting in lawn chairs in front of best buy earlier tonight at around 7pm. still got 14 minutes to go out here. i wonder if BB is staying open late just for them. :shrug:

Adiabatik

Banned
i saw a small group of 20 year old unemployed (looked it lol) sitting in lawn chairs in front of best buy earlier tonight at around 7pm. still got 14 minutes to go out here. i wonder if BB is staying open late just for them. :shrug:

How the hell does someone look "unemployed"? :kaboom:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
How the hell does someone look "unemployed"? :kaboom:

if you're sitting around for more than 5 hours in a lawn chair waiting for a video game to come out its highly unlikely that you've got a job. ok, maybe at taco bell for 10 hours a week. and the way they were dressed, didnt really look like it.

but i was being facetious anyways :poke:

Kiohtee

Established Member
I rode to the closest Gamestop and got it shortly after midnight. Pretty damn good so far.

RocketSurgeon

Established Member
Just found a car that looks pretty close to a new GT. Might have to keep it and paint it like the Boss.

So far this game is awesome; everything that GTA IV wasn't.

Gray_Ghost

Established Member
I won't get to pick mine up until around 5-6 tonight. I won't get much playtime until this weekend.

paynecasey

Established Member
ign gave this game a 10.. Cant wait to try it.

Gamespot's review is wack. Usually they review games based on the previous game and its current competition. So if GTA5 improves on everything from GTA4 how did GTA4 get a 10 and GTA5 get a 9?

Site can't review for shit.

Picking it up later. I have over seven games I haven't beat.

357cstang

Used to have a fast Cobra
Established Member
Gamespot's review is wack. Usually they review games based on the previous game and its current competition. So if GTA5 improves on everything from GTA4 how did GTA4 get a 10 and GTA5 get a 9?

Site can't review for shit.

Picking it up later. I have over seven games I haven't beat.

If games from the N64 era came out today as a brand new release, would you expect them to score as high as they did back then?

Expectations govern the 10/10 mark. If the game is just a reboot with different scenery, they'll not likely score it as high as original content.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
I am sure no work will get done today in the united states. I will have to download the PC version.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
ign gave this game a 10.. Cant wait to try it.
They gave GTA 4 as well as numorous of other sites and IMO it wasnt even close, more like an 8. This one looks a lot better though so who knows. Learning from Max Payne 3 and Read Dead Redemption (IMO the best Rockstar gave ive ever played) is always a good thing.
If games from the N64 era came out today as a brand new release, would you expect them to score as high as they did back then?

Expectations govern the 10/10 mark. If the game is just a reboot with different scenery, they'll not likely score it as high as original content.
Exactly, just because the previous game scored a higher score does not mean it'll as high in today's time. Every year a new game sets the bar higher.
I am sure no work will get done today in the united states. I will have to download the PC version.
You mean no one will go to school :lol1:
PC version has not been announced…… yet…… Expect it to be out late next year.

Kiohtee

Established Member
The only thing I've found so far that I'm not a fan of is the weapons selection process. It's got a Saints Row vibe in that respect. Maybe not a bad thing, but after 5+ titles and 10+ years of the old system, it's one of the things Rockstar/GTA had going for itself. :(

I do really like how the characters just roam about when they're not being played/the system is off.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Also for 360 owners DO NOT INSTALL THE 2ND DVD!!!!
Well its not a bad thing but not recommend, it will get more texture pop outs, lower FPS I believe and other crap. Rockstar recommends to install only Disc 1 for optimal performance.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
You mean no one will go to school :lol1:
PC version has not been announced…… yet…… Expect it to be out late next year.

I don't know. I can see many grown men telling the bosses that they will not be able to make it to work today because they feel sick. :rollseyes

I know about the PC version. Sucks we don't get it sooner. Hoping it may have a few additions to it once it comes out.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
I don't know. I can see many grown men telling the bosses that they will not be able to make it to work today because they feel sick. :rollseyes

I know about the PC version. Sucks we don't get it sooner. Hoping it may have a few additions to it once it comes out.
Trust me I know, a couple of my customers told me that they are missing today or their co-workers are gonna miss today, what a coincidence :lol1:

I just hope its not a horrible port like GTA 4 was, that thing was a disaster. Seeing that it had files for the PS4 and PC brings a lot of hope, so I can wait. I have too many games to finish playing and getting Watch Dogs with the PS4 so im sure that will take my life away.

Users who are viewing this thread