Gto

Red_Lightning22

Established Member
So I was bored at school and decided to go to Taco Bell on the way there I see a black GTO go by. Im in the L and I decide whats one little race before I eat.. :shrug: Well I get behind him and I follow him all thru town and we end up on the Highway its a straight stretch the first about 10 miles. I pull next to him going about 50 on the highway. I nudge the gas a little and he does and so Im getting excited getting ready for him to just hit it. Wasnt a car for atleast a good mile... Well he doesn't move wont do anything but nudge the gas pedal. Drove side by side for a good mile and half and nothing.. SO I decide to just pass him and turn around... :mj:

It was a black GTO 5.7... would have been fun!

Made me so mad... I live in a small rural area about 30 mins from a big city and I cant EVER find anything to run against. When I do they dont! Its stupid!

04A4GTO

Established Member
Funny, I have the same problems with L's in my area, I can't get them to race :(
But I could prolly say that about any car/truck, it's getting harder to find races nowadays :shrug:

Red_Lightning22

Established Member
Its stock right now.. Ive ran a 6.0 GTO before from about 65 to 110 and got walked by about 2.5. That was last year and that was the last run Ive had other than at the track. I figured he would have ran but he looked to be in highschool so may have been parents car... I dont know tho...

drex

Off The Line
Established Member
You better run those GTO's from a dig, if your stock. They will get you on those roll races imop.

TORNATIC!!

Established Member
Where you stand now a 5.7 GTO will pull ya from a roll but at the drag strip it's a tossup. When my '04 GTO auto only had Predator/K&N Cai last fall I had a 01+ Lightning edge me a couple of times at Carolina Dragway. He had exhaust and drag radials. He would jump out to a good 2-3 car lead and then I would stop his pull but couldn't catch him in time. A GTO M6 would've pulled that L in quicker on the second half of the track.

Now I have full exhaust to go with Predator/Cai and 224/224 Cam/LS6 Ported Heads is next.

Last edited:

Black Talon

KnightOfTheOldRepublic
Established Member
So I was bored at school and decided to go to Taco Bell on the way there I see a black GTO go by. Im in the L and I decide whats one little race before I eat.. :shrug: Well I get behind him and I follow him all thru town and we end up on the Highway its a straight stretch the first about 10 miles. I pull next to him going about 50 on the highway. I nudge the gas a little and he does and so Im getting excited getting ready for him to just hit it. Wasnt a car for atleast a good mile... Well he doesn't move wont do anything but nudge the gas pedal. Drove side by side for a good mile and half and nothing.. SO I decide to just pass him and turn around... :mj:

It was a black GTO 5.7... would have been fun!

Made me so mad... I live in a small rural area about 30 mins from a big city and I cant EVER find anything to run against. When I do they dont! Its stupid!
What big city do you live next to?

Users who are viewing this thread