Guess my hp whipple 3.4 cobra

WOTjunkie

SvtP Resident Asshole
Established Member
Damn it! I hate when you guys post your builds before you start them... Build the shit first and then tell us!!! I can't stand the anticipation... I can't afford stuff like this right now so I have live vicariously through your cars

nanastymach1

Established Member
Lol well I thought I was done till my tune got shut down on the first pull lol...meth kit going on Monday and tune will be that week I hope

alpha06

SKY 600
Established Member
I cant believe that 4.0 upper and stock lower made 22lbs. off the hit, are you sure you dont have a aftermarket lower? I've been told that the 4.0 upper pulley will yield only 18-20lbs. I'll be getting a tune next week with the 4.0 upper and 3.5 upper with the stock lower and I hope mine doesn't hit 22psi. of the hit with the 4.0 pulley.

nanastymach1

Established Member
Numbers are finally in.....we thought it was seeing 24 lbs and tuned it for 20 deg timing after a good cool down (125 iats) in 98 deg weather today...whipple 3.4 with mmr short block and full bolt ons with a 4.0 pulley and stock lower and the car made 658 hp and 600 tq...and we done a little research and come to find out the czr only was seeing 19-20 lbs of boost and it was too late and the car was off the dyno after doing some street data logging so 658 hp and 600 tq on 20 deg timing and a snow meth kit

He said we could have added another 4 deg of timing and maybe seen 670+ hp but I told him to leave it as it was...i should have stuck the 3.5 pulley and let it rip but the whole time we thought it was at 24 lbs lol but we live and learn I'm still happy

nanastymach1

Established Member
I should have added the timing in Caleb said 670+ easily but a number is a number I should be fine where I'm at till I get rolled on I just change a couple things...and don't forget it was 98 deg weather so I bet with timing and 40 deg weather it'd look really good lol

alpha06

SKY 600
Established Member
I hope to make your numbers on pump gas. I wouldn't put 4 degrees of timing in to get 10-20rwhp, just wait and get a tune on that 3.5 pulley and then you will go over 700 easy.

evil04svtcobra

Established Member
658/600 on pump is great... our gen 2 3.4l whipple likes more boost then 20 psi.

the numbers on pump gas are awesome. get that thing making 26+ psi with race gas and you will be a happy man.

my car rolls on the street at 20 pounds of boost as well. through the auto, and non locking converter i made 624/610. do you have plans on putting the car back on the dyno and making more power?

Last edited:

nanastymach1

Established Member
i need to lol but i dont know if i will because its such a far drive 2 hours one way and ive been there like 5 times in less than a year lol ...they say the inlets are a bad restriction on the 3.4 without the crusher..what kinda power numbers are to be expected with a 3.5 upper making 25lbs on meth and 93 oct..lol yall are gona make me go back up there and get it done

if it wasnt for my boost gauge failing me it would have been done yesterday if i would have known it wasnt 24 lbs till after the fact

Users who are viewing this thread