Guess my hp whipple 3.4 cobra

Jerry03cobra

Established Member
Here are some pix of my 3.4.I,a still working on my fuel lines and a few other wiring.

DSC02249.jpg

DSC02248.jpg

Last edited:

mach1033

Established Member
Im sorry how is 650 - 700whp a waste?

It's not that it is a waste. The 2.9 makes that power and you dont have to mod anything to make it fit under your hood. Also if you notice in the pic that one of the members posted there is no way that you are gonna get to the spark plugs on the passenger side without removing the blower. If you run the stock inlet then you run the risk of having restrictions.

kingcobra8541

The Dude
Established Member
What ever that blower makes I'm guessing that it wont be enough for you. You should have gone turbo! LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!

EvilBlack

04 Sickness
Established Member
Is your hood getting chopped up or what? I am fairly certain it won't close with that monster on top of the motor the way it sits.

gabe1530

Banned
Use the shortest RAI you can with a 12" filter... Im actually using the one piece tork tech inlet pipe and its perfect for fitting a 12" in the bay, smoothest inside path available, plus its only 2 clamps instead of 4 and really clean looking.
your setup is sick. i looked at tork techs website and they dont have the inlet pipe listed for sale. did you call and order it?

Satyr

Established Member
I'm new here and gathering all tech/knowledge I can, but not new to building and racing cars. I would like to know why you say a 2.9 would be better and the 3.4 under 24 psi is a waste? From my understanding of airflow and pressure, I would think the 3.4 would be better because the blower won't have to spin as hard as the 2.9 (which will create heat that will transfer to the charge air)to achieve the same boost pressure at say 24 psi, thus having a cooler air charge temp and making more power at said 24 psi. Am I wrong?

No, you're not wrong. Many claim that, to fully utilize the 3.4L, you have to be making numbers that are greater than the best power available by the blower below it (in this case, the 2.9).

You are correct that 24 psi via a 3.4L will create more power than that same 24 psi through a 2.9L; you are also correct that it will yield lower IACs to produce the same amount of power, though it would likely be negligible under 750-800 rwhp.

The guys that said it was a waste were talking about it from the perspective that you usually have to cut the hood and upgrade fuel rails to run the 3.4, which is not require when running a 2.9 (IIRC).

2FNFAST

Shinin' and Whinin'
Established Member
Just give em a call and ask for Bill. He will hook it up. I had purchased their blowers inlet for my saleen blower back in the day and they sent me the intake tube with it. I cant imagine he'd charge much for it, as simple as it is, it looks damn clean in my opinion. (You will need to re-use the rubber slip on piece from your stock cobra intake, where the clamp goes over the throttle body) I love that its one piece and uses 2 hose clamps instead of 4 hose clamps and 2 silicone connectors.

your setup is sick. i looked at tork techs website and they dont have the inlet pipe listed for sale. did you call and order it?

nanastymach1

Established Member
everything is installed and pic coming right now this blower is hugeeee lol,ive got a jlt that will be here tuesday it looks like i took the bbk off and sold it so the chrome theme is now going to be black basically...ive got a tune app at fastlane motorsports on 06-06-11....cant waittttt

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
Make the pic bigger. Good luck with the tune! Glad to see you got a JLT and rid of that junk BBK.

nanastymach1

Established Member
Bad newssss....4.0 rr pulley and stock lower = over 22 psi for pump so I bought a stage 1 meth kit and I'm installing myself I have to come back

nanastymach1

Established Member
U telling me I've been trying to figure out what a 4.0 upper and stock lower equals to boost wise...he just rolled into it for a split sec and I seen 22 psi and we just stoped there ...does anyone know

2001Snake

It will be fast one day
Established Member
Do your self a favor man, run the belt as loose as you can without getting belt slip. P
Run a belt that is almost too long to work.

Several people are having problems with the rear bearings going out and ****ing everything up, me being one person. The more force pulling down on that pulley the more strain it puts on those rear bearings. Trust me you don't want that!

This is what it will do
c76617bd.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread