Guess my hp whipple 3.4 cobra

nanastymach1

Established Member
I just switched from the 2.3 whipple to a gen 2 3.4 I just picked up today with fore rails,and a accufab sbtb is the only changes I'm making and I'm going to run a rr 4.0 pulley and stock lower on pump 93 oct and then I'm thinking a 110 race gas and 3.5 upper only with these mods below

Engine
MMR 900 shortblock with all the goodies(arp mains,head studs,windage tray)stock compression,all new gaskets (still under warranty)
whipple gen 2 3.4 with 4.0 pulley and 3.5
05 up heads w/gen 2 head cooling mod
accufab sbtb
posi ported lower intake manifold
bbk cold air chrome intake
full length bbk headers
bassani h pipe no cats
bassani 4 inch catback
LFP heat exchanger
80 lb injectors
-8 an lines
micron inline fuel filter
modified hat for gt pumps
bap with 50 amp upgrade
mafia
sct 7 bank chip always tuned by fast lane motorsports

Last edited:

nanastymach1

Established Member
dammnnnn id love to see 700 on pump but 685 sounds great too lol and those race gas numbers sound crazyyyy i cant wait...im on schedule with fastlane on 06-06-11 and the blower will be on this week along with idler pullies,rails,and accufab sbtb

so my ? is would a whipple 2.9 have been a better choice for this combo im running...street use only mainly pump gas is what i plan on running

nanastymach1

Established Member
i just got off the phone with lethal and she tried to sell me a whole new fuel system telling me mine wasnt enough...i dont have the fuel line that goes from rail to rail...now im confused on what i need.....any help

my last fpdc was 75% at 6600 rpm making 620 hp and 603 tq with the whipple 2.3

nanastymach1

Established Member
badd newwws i just got off the phone with dagostino racing and they are telling me a need about 300$ worth of adapters,y blocks,fittings,lines etc that i wasnt aware i was going to need any input on this

nanastymach1

Established Member
Alright my sellEr bumblebee03 is the mannnnnnnn he helped me out a lot today but I'm Gona get the parts ordered and get this stuff on the way tune date is 06-06-11 at 9am fast lane motorsports...I'd like to see 700 on pump gas ...any recommendations to get me there

Last edited:

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
I'd talk to them about what they recommend for your monster blower.

2FNFAST

Shinin' and Whinin'
Established Member
Use the shortest RAI you can with a 12" filter... Im actually using the one piece tork tech inlet pipe and its perfect for fitting a 12" in the bay, smoothest inside path available, plus its only 2 clamps instead of 4 and really clean looking.

Excuse the filth, i have alot of cleaning/polishing to do before upcoming shows.

engine.jpg

may112.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

jetmech

Established Member
A 2.9 would have been better.
Anything less than 24psi with the 3.4 is a waste.

I'm new here and gathering all tech/knowledge I can, but not new to building and racing cars. I would like to know why you say a 2.9 would be better and the 3.4 under 24 psi is a waste? From my understanding of airflow and pressure, I would think the 3.4 would be better because the blower won't have to spin as hard as the 2.9 (which will create heat that will transfer to the charge air)to achieve the same boost pressure at say 24 psi, thus having a cooler air charge temp and making more power at said 24 psi. Am I wrong?

Users who are viewing this thread