Guesses on my best runs

timpryor

Turbo'd ST
Established Member
Guess on my best run

Car is a 13 GT M6
After Cat X
Gt500 axleback
MGW(I know not power but better shifts help)
Single Piece aluminum D/S
BMR UCA/LCA
BMR springs
One inch drop on BMR springs
Tokiko D-Spec(just once I get them dialed in right)

Street tires are BFG KDW2's 275/35-18 on TSW nurumburg rings

now if I get a set of slicks so I can actually hook them up?

what do you pros think I'll run on the first trip to the track. In the past SN-95's with 555DR's I had cut some 1.8-1.9 60 fts but had much more practice on that car.

Last edited:

itSSlow98

Established Member
No tune? Low 12s, very very high 11s. Guy I know just went 11.88 with a tune and springs on stock pirellis.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
No tune? Low 12s, very very high 11s. Guy I know just went 11.88 with a tune and springs on stock pirellis.

At one of the best tracks out there and the help of some great weather. Also known for its very favorable times and PB's.

OP, my guess is 12.4 - 12.6 if you can manage a 1.7 or lower 60ft.

turbosha

stirring the pot since'74
Established Member
First pass.....13.20. Untill you get to know your car at the track. Then you will start bringing it down. Prolly to a 12.6 or so. If you can drive.

Last edited:

Sly Fox

Established Member
Don't waste your time until you get a good tune. Give beefcake a call, he's a vendor on the board, he'll get you going and make sure you get set up properly.

itSSlow98

Established Member
At one of the best tracks out there and the help of some great weather. Also known for its very favorable times and PB's.

OP, my guess is 12.4 - 12.6 if you can manage a 1.7 or lower 60ft.

I guess everybody needs some kind of excuse they can't perform.

KIXASS

MEDICATED
Established Member
If you can drive.....12.1-11.9
I ran 12.52 @114 1.978 60' "BONE STOCK" full weight Premium heavy car on 245/45/19 pirelli's going through in 5th so I don't see why you shouldn't run quicker that that.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
I guess everybody needs some kind of excuse they can't perform.

:shrug: No need for the jabs. The time was impressive and congrats to him on the pass, but the negative DA and track conditions were definately favorable that day. Have him back it up at other tracks and let us know if it runs 11's again with no changes. Again not discrediting his accomplishmet but not something that anyone should use as a benchmark for a stock car.

Laloosh

Established Member
If you can drive.....12.1-11.9
I ran 12.52 @114 1.978 60' "BONE STOCK" full weight Premium heavy car on 245/45/19 pirelli's going through in 5th so I don't see why you shouldn't run quicker that that.

Let me guess, that trap speed for a stock car was done at Cecil? Hope everyone is seeing a pattern here lol

KIXASS

MEDICATED
Established Member
Let me guess, that trap speed for a stock car was done at Cecil? Hope everyone is seeing a pattern here lol
:lol: don't hate!!!:beer:

Last edited:

Chaney5.0

Wow... Some people don't know what track conditions are. It always varies.

Down here at RPRW in houston on a 150DA day I ran a 12.68 BONE stock, with a half tank of gas, spare tire and everything strait off the lot. Had 900 miles on it. 3:31s.

After going and getting LCAs, along with decent street tires I ran a 12.31 with a GARBAGE 60 foot of 1.78 Just suspension mods... Also have to remember I LEARNED how to drive stick on this car... I ran the 12.31 with only 1700 miles on the ODO...

Laloosh

Established Member
:lol: don't hate!!!:beer:

Not hating, just being realistic as all these "record" times are always from Cecil, which is downhill. Tell you run at atco or Capitol, let me know if you are 2-3 mph off Cecil :)

Laloosh

Established Member
Wow... Some people don't know what track conditions are. It always varies.

Down here at RPRW in houston on a 150DA day I ran a 12.68 BONE stock, with a half tank of gas, spare tire and everything strait off the lot. Had 900 miles on it. 3:31s.

After going and getting LCAs, along with decent street tires I ran a 12.31 with a GARBAGE 60 foot of 1.78 Just suspension mods... Also have to remember I LEARNED how to drive stick on this car... I ran the 12.31 with only 1700 miles on the ODO...

Well aware of conditions. Having a slopped track is a different story. He'll home stock 5.0s are running 114-115 mph traps through the traps at Cecil. If you think that's normal then something is a little off with your reasoning. Google earth Cecil if you don't believe me. There is a 15-16 foot drop from start to finish :)

Btw I went 12.64 stock at 111.9, at a normal track.

Lone Star

Established Member
everybody gets their PB at Cecil, I can't wait to get to the low 12's with the exact same setup I ran at Mason-Dixon (lowering springs) on street tires.:-D

Users who are viewing this thread