Guy screwed out of Evo on e-Bay

Shoey

www.modularfords.com
Established Member
That's messed up....but doesn't suprise me...dealerships think they are above the law.

WhiteTxMach

Established Member
LOL everyone is sending emails to the dealership, so I sent one too. Got a call back in no joke 5 minutes!!! Guy was like "so you wanna buy a mitsubishi huh?" I was like fook no, just emailing your pos asses telling you there is at least 40 message boards that know about your haggard asses. He was like, oh, I didnt know anything about that.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
And you have to hear their ads. It's like they're your best buddy and friend with the lowest prices on the planet. I've never met a person who thought the experience with MM in Scottsdale to be a pleasant, or even somewhat tolerable one.

I would have contacted the attorney general on that one.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
The only problem is their disclaimer
NOTE We reserve the right to notify bidders and cancel this auction AT ANY TIME

"ANY TIME" does include after the conclusion of the auction!

It is crappy business practice and an unethical thing to do, but not illegal.

Always beware of Ebay Car Auctions with No Reserve!

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Originally posted by FordSVTFan
The only problem is their disclaimer

"ANY TIME" does include after the conclusion of the auction!

It is crappy business practice and an unethical thing to do, but not illegal.

Always beware of Ebay Car Auctions with No Reserve!

How can you cancel an auction after it's already over and there's a winning bidder?

From what I understand, Ebay's rules supercede anything you add into your auction. They have to abide by Ebay's rules, and according to what I've seen posted on that forum, they're in direct violation.

PS. It's more like 140 forums now. :thumbsup:

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Originally posted by 03CobraHopeful
How can you cancel an auction after it's already over and there's a winning bidder?

From what I understand, Ebay's rules supercede anything you add into your auction. They have to abide by Ebay's rules, and according to what I've seen posted on that forum, they're in direct violation.

PS. It's more like 140 forums now. :thumbsup:

Ebays rules do supercede what is in your ad, for their purposes. So breaking Ebays rules can get you barred from Ebay.

But as per the "contract" that was formed when he made that bid that is subject to the laws of the appropriate jurisdiction and not Ebay!

And their disclaimer is that they can cancel the auction and notify the bidder at "ANY TIME"! ANY TIME, means exactly that. So that is their out. Plus no court would side with the bidder as he has not been materially damaged and has no actual loss.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Originally posted by FordSVTFan
Ebays rules do supercede what is in your ad, for their purposes. So breaking Ebays rules can get you barred from Ebay.

But as per the "contract" that was formed when he made that bid that is subject to the laws of the appropriate jurisdiction and not Ebay!

And their disclaimer is that they can cancel the auction and notify the bidder at "ANY TIME"! ANY TIME, means exactly that. So that is their out. Plus no court would side with the bidder as he has not been materially damaged and has no actual loss.

Just for that I should contact Bell Ford and see if they'll sell the poor guy a new Cobra for 26,500, just to piss off MM! That would be loads of fun!!! :beer:

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Originally posted by shadow
26 grand for an import ???
He's better off anyway, who the hell wants to drop that kind of change on ANYTHING that floats over here from asia.

Floats!!!!
rotflmao.gif
rotflmao.gif
rotflmao.gif
rotflmao.gif
rotflmao.gif
rotflmao.gif
rotflmao.gif
rotflmao.gif

oldmodman

Established Member
I just checked the sellers feedback. One response-negative at that! If the bum tries to sell any more cars under that name that feedback sure won't help.

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
lol, exactly who cares if they just dump their dough on imports. we got all these jerks in bimmers and hondas with american flag magnets on the trunklids:bash: I still think they should put rising sun flags on japaneese cars at the dealers and, well, the old german flags on the bimmers and mercs. I hate when they have us flags all over the lot. as for the evo ebay schmuck, screw em.

Users who are viewing this thread