guys need some input here...step in

LGHTEMUP

WHIPPLE INSIDE
Established Member
ok here is my delema

my car 03 cobra dsg 12k miles on it
fully built motor,2.9lwhipple,1400rwhp fuel system,full exhaust,dark grey interior,lowered,true forged wheel,drilled and slotted rotors,

and all motor parts are brand new no miles on it yet at all has a tune but have not drivin the car yet on the stock motor made just over 700rwhp now with the built motor who knows...

or a 2014 gt500 with all options with a stripe delete has 2k on it

not sure if I want to sell my cobra to get that need some input on this don't know if some guys have switched to the gt500 and went back for what reason?????

let me know thanks..

just looking for more input..

LGHTEMUP

WHIPPLE INSIDE
Established Member
yes I know but I have wanted a gt500 also...just not sure if I keep mine I should have 800rwhp and that is fine I don't care really how much it has I don't race it or take it to the track..

I put like 80 miles on the car last year would like to drive it more this year..i test drove the gt500 today and felt nice..just wanted some of your guys input...I have seen that people have gotten the gt500 and went back to the terminators just wondering that is all..

Yulla

SVT Noob
Established Member
Drive the car more then reflect on what you want to do with it?

Last edited:

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
My good friend has a 13. While I like it, it's quicker than mine and more refined I'll take mine all day. The 13 just doesn't have the same feel, plus outta my price range, lol.

cj428mach

Established Member
Don't forget the hidden costs of the newer 2013. Higher taxes, and insurance on top of the initial extra cost up front.

LGHTEMUP

WHIPPLE INSIDE
Established Member
not to concerned on the money part that I have that just wondering why people buy the gt500 then get back into a termy...insurance is no big deal...

to me the gt500 is easier to get in since I ad 6'3 the cobra is down their but do enjoy my cobra a lot since low miles and fully built...just looking for some more input..

MattG04

Established Member
Id keep the terminator, even if I could afford a GT-500 I wouldn't, I'd get a new S550 premium, but i'll never part with my terminator but after I'm no longer breathing I hope my wife or daughter take care of it LOL

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
OP, i've wanted to upgrade to a 911 996 for a while now. did the research and its doable but everyone keeps saying keep the cobra, everyone i know likes it...alot. besides the minor PITA stuff it still turns heads and feels great when i drive it. yours sounds like a well built car so is there question is, have you driven the 13? your sig says a built lightning as well so you've had both i see. YOLO it and try the 13', if not you can always go back.

everytime i see a 996 i'm like "Y I NO SELL YOU COBRAAAA?"

SCALECRAFT

Established Member
I would go with a 13/14. I have a stock '14. They are an entirely different animal from any previous models, direct from the factory. German built engine, (entire lower end) and handling as well with the 821A package.. I can put down better times that 90-95% of most stock vehicles (and some only track cars) at the tracks once I learned how to use it. With around $2/$3k you can make it handle even better. No engine mods, it's enough. You'll have one of the highest power cars at the tra

For a powerful car, it's easy to drive. You can enjoy it more and put more time on it. Not just look at it.

The car you built, you can build again , but you can't build a 13/14 Shelby.

Enjoy.

Last edited:

03SVTscott

Established Member
I think you should test drive a GT 500 and Compare it to your Cobra..in fact drive the cobra to where you are test driving the GT 500 put them side by side(take pictures and show us all of course) and compare the visual things you like then drive and compare the driving of both .

Vi_king500

Established Member
I'd keep the terminator, not the same but I just traded my built 5.0 for a built terminator. Could not be happier.

01yellercobra

Established Member
When I was looking at getting out of my 01 I looked at GT500s. I never drove one, but I never found one that interested me enough to want to drive it. So I went with the 04. I'm very happy I did.

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
Is your Terminator built too much to be an enjoyable driver? The GT500 is an easy/powerful comfortable driver.

I bought my SVT cars in reverse... I started with my GT500 and absolutely love it. I then got the Mystichrome Terminator and love that car too for different reasons. Lastly I bought my 93 and love it too. The 3 cars are vastly different. I drive the Shelby all the time, the 04 occasionally and the 93 rarely. I never plan to sell any of them, but if I had to have just one as my driver, it would be the GT500. It's smooth, powerful (2.9 Whipple), comfortable and has all the modern electronic features.

Having said all of the above, I think the Terminators will be a good collector car. Hang on to it if you can.

LGHTEMUP

WHIPPLE INSIDE
Established Member
yes I like my termi but I could not keep my termi and have both I would love to ...

my termi can be daily driven I just driver for work so I just drive it for fun on weekends or when a nice day comes around..

thanks for the input goose17

Woody6799

Established Member
I always say, if you are on the fence then sell. These cars are our passions and when they don't get 100% of your admiration then its time to move on. You can always build another one.

LGHTEMUP

WHIPPLE INSIDE
Established Member
I always say, if you are on the fence then sell. These cars are our passions and when they don't get 100% of your admiration then its time to move on. You can always build another one.

yes I know I can build another one but my low mileage car and interior that everyone wants would cost me a lot to redo it again...I know its just money but to find another 12k mile cobra is hard and if it is stock to be fully built costs a lot...I thought the gt500 drove great and was liking it just do not know about the glass roof cause this one has every option..

WHITESTRIPES

Established Member
If money isn't an issue then have both. I had a gt500 and sold it for my terminator. Just recently the guy I sold it to offered to sell it back for a steal deal, I passed if that says anything. There's nothing like driving a terminator. It's a feeling I've never got from another car and for that reason I'll keep it as my weekend fun car. They are so very different it's impossible to say which is better but either way you can't go wrong. Hope this helps!

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
not to concerned on the money part that I have that just wondering why people buy the gt500 then get back into a termy...insurance is no big deal...

to me the gt500 is easier to get in since I ad 6'3 the cobra is down their but do enjoy my cobra a lot since low miles and fully built...just looking for some more input..

once you call it a "termy" you just as well sell it and get the gt500. the terminator will not respect you anymore and try to kill you

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
you really need to go drive the 13/14...and take your terminator with you. Park next to the new car. You will see how gigantic the new mustangs are in comparison. I like the compact look and rawness of the new edge....but you might find you prefer the new mustangs from a roominess standpoint and superior smooth ride. The terminators are not for everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread