Guys with 4lb lowers/stock crank pulley please help

Svt_kid90

Established Member
Hey guys so this is the issue I'm having, I purchased a cobra with a 2.2 kenne bell that has a 2.75 upper pulley and a 4lb from metco. I'm trying to get the car tuned by one of the best in the business (aed in northern Cali) for those that care. Talking with Shaun he said that pulley combo is way to much for pump gas and that he needs me to drop it to a 3.5 upper and stock lower, that will put me about 15psi which is what he says is safe for pump gas (91) The upper pulley is no problem but the tricky part for me or at least where I'm confused is the lower crank pulley. My questions is was the original hardware that was on the stock lower reused for the 4lb installation ? I bought a stock lower from a friend with the intention to install it but a couple other friends think/say it looks like the bolts that are on there now are totally different. I tried to do the research but I can't seem to find much info. I was also thinking is it possible to swap the upper pulley only to let's say a 4" ? So that I can leave the 4lb lower? I read and seen many fast cobras running a 4lb lower, so again I'm just really confused. Any cons if I was to stick with the 4lb lower? Thanks svtp

SVTCruz

Established Member
I just did this install. Only a few bolts are re-used. Maybe you can find a stock size pulley to bolt onto the metco kit.

speeddemon2000

Established Member
I would go with the stock size metco lower. Taking the stock lower off if you ever need to change belts is a major PIA.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread