H/E “Shelby” Stencil Size?

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
Question for everyone that has stenciled “Shelby” on their H/E. What size (height/width) are the letters and total length of “Shelby”?

I am thinking of going with this font:

IMG_3581.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
I recognize that front-end. LOL!

Pretty sure I have a spare stencil, to which you're welcome. (The stencil I used came from Ky GT500. Unfortunately, he sold his Shelby and stopped selling the stencils.) Whether I can find my spare or not, I'm happy to take measurements for you.

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
I recognize that front-end. LOL!

Pretty sure I have a spare stencil, to which you're welcome. (The stencil I used came from Ky GT500. Unfortunately, he sold his Shelby and stopped selling the stencils.) Whether I can find my spare or not, I'm happy to take measurements for you.

Thanks so much Steve!

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
You guys just hit it with a hi-temp paint?

I assumed there was more to it than just paint. Not really sure why I thought that.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Regular spray paint works fine. Keep in mind this is the H/E, which should see only moderate temps.

Yea, I still just thought spray paint would leave an uneven appearance.

Shelby in black? Grabber?
SVT in red?
Guess I gave myself more questions.

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Yea, I still just thought spray paint would leave an uneven appearance.

Shelby in black? Grabber?
SVT in red?
Guess I gave myself more questions.
"Uneven" really depends on your level of OCD. Mine (OCD) is pretty strong and I'm fine with how it looks - the pic @Dirks9901 posted above is my H/E, shortly after install. TBH, the biggest problem I have is how soft/malleable VMP fins are (compared to OEM) - they deflect with every piece of gravel encountered. No leaks, but they look pretty beat-up after a while.

Don't think you can go wrong with any of the options you're considering. It's all about YOUR preference.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
"Uneven" really depends on your level of OCD. Mine (OCD) is pretty strong and I'm fine with how it looks - the pic @Dirks9901 posted above is my H/E, shortly after install. TBH, the biggest problem I have is how soft/malleable VMP fins are (compared to OEM) - they deflect with every piece of gravel encountered. No leaks, but they look pretty beat-up after a while.

Don't think you can go wrong with any of the options you're considering. It's all about YOUR preference.
There's a fix for that !
These went in ( 2 ) days after the car was delivered, 10+ years @ this point..

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I thought about those, but they prevent seeing the painted logo the subject stencils are intended to provide.
While I was waiting for the car to be delivered, ( 105 days ), I saw threads on this site showing heat exchanger damage from rocks / lack of a front grille. To me, $ 90 is cheap insurance, a lot cheaper than a repair bill..

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
There's a fix for that !
These went in ( 2 ) days after the car was delivered, 10+ years @ this point..

I bought a 2010-2012 GT500 for the grills and saved over buying a 13/14 with no grills....said no one ever:LOL:

You can laugh at me when you pass me stalled out due to a rock through my H/E

Users who are viewing this thread