H/E working to its fullest?

99cobraUgotbit

GT500
Established Member
Yesterday had a few things to do so I took Her out for a spin. On the way home I was keeping an eye on the iat2. It was around 70* outside and I was ranging at 115-125 Iat2. I forgot to check out the ambient air outside.

Looking back I had this issue last summer where I was ranging close to 135-145 iat2 when it was around 95-100* outside.

I figured with it being so nice outside I should see some low iat2, but it seems like my HE is not working to its fullest. (I had to burp the system last summer which did help).

Question. What degree loss should I be expecting with an aftermarket HE compared to a stick HE?

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Yesterday had a few things to do so I took Her out for a spin. On the way home I was keeping an eye on the iat2. It was around 70* outside and I was ranging at 115-125 Iat2. I forgot to check out the ambient air outside.

Looking back I had this issue last summer where I was ranging close to 135-145 iat2 when it was around 95-100* outside.

I figured with it being so nice outside I should see some low iat2, but it seems like my HE is not working to its fullest. (I had to burp the system last summer which did help).

Question. What degree loss should I be expecting with an aftermarket HE compared to a stick HE?

I would guess the first questions will be..............aftermarket H/E with fans or without fans, and then if "with fans", which aftermarket H/E, the smaller fan version or the larger 11" fan?

R

Last edited:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
I see you have Revan Racing H/E in your sig, they are C&R, the two versions of C&R are shown below. Depending upon which one you have, I would guess the numbers may be different depending upon the surface area of the H/E for heat removal?................

010_zpseeb8247c.jpg

012_zps3b03657f.jpg

R

Last edited:

Van@RevanRacing

Volume of fluid and fluid type. Remember, anti-freeze is designed to retain temperature (heat) I've had customers call me and say "my IAT2's are suddenly 10-15 degrees higher!!" First thing I ask is "what did you change?'

Much to their amazement and this happens more often than I can count, they used Ford Orange Concentrate and didn't dilute the fluid causing higher IAT2. Some actually have old fluid that simply needs to be swapped.

We've also witnessed the reduction of pump efficiency over the course of time which is normal wear and tear.

Users who are viewing this thread