H&R race spring raised car 3/4" ?

DropSVT

Established Member
So to start I wanted to get rid of my 4X4 look so I bought some race springs. I went to install them and as I was pulling what I thought to be stock springs out of the car I realized they were steeda springs I was replacing. Steeda is a crap company in my book due to multiple of their parts breaking on me so I went ahead with installing the H&R springs only on the front to see if there was any difference. Unfortunately I managed to raise the car 3/4" while using the same iso top and bottom. I thought H&R was suppose to be pretty low and cobras look great with them but now I'm even taller.
Does anyone know what steeda springs these are?
4bcf3ba185e8c5b5ea28979ee9dd0583.jpg

Before fender was 14 1/4" from center of wheel and with h&r it's 15" away.
Maybe they were cut?
EDIT: no they have not been cut
a2a0061b08f9f375871d6d6d113f4db2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Last edited:

01yellercobra

Established Member
My understanding is the H&R Sports are the really low springs. The Race springs don't have as much of a drop.

03' White Snake

Established Member
New springs take a bit to settle. Give them a week or 2. Remove ISO's as needed after that. I love my Race Springs.

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
Race springs sit pretty high and will sit higher than Steeda. HR Sport Springs sit low. Race springs sit nice but you have to remove all the ISO's.

Steeda Springs are good, I ran them on my old cobra without issue.

I find it funny that you thought the car was at its factory height with the steeda springs. lol. Wondered what you would have thought if it would have had the stock springs in it, the car would have been and 1.5" higher haha.

I think you made the right choice though. Steeda with some ISo's out sits nice. I ended up pulling all the rear ISO's out of my old cobra and keeping all the front ISO's in, car sat perfect.

Phil04Cobra

Aluminator Cobra
Established Member
I used to have H&R race springs with no isolators
It sat really nice.
image.jpeg

Now I'm running coil overs up front with H&R sports out back with no Isos.

image.jpeg

It's almost too low now but I'm gonna try it at this ride height for a while.

Last edited:

01yellercobra

Established Member
Phil, are you running 17" or 18" rims? I tried to get mine low enough to tuck tire, but I'm low enough I have to be careful now. I've thought about raising it occasionally. I'm just under a 2 finger gap.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

josephcostello

Established Member
I took race springs out of my car and put in sports. Drop was nice, ride was terrible. Went back to race with no isos, perfect stance and ride quality.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Phil04Cobra

Aluminator Cobra
Established Member
Phil, are you running 17" or 18" rims? I tried to get mine low enough to tuck tire, but I'm low enough I have to be careful now. I've thought about raising it occasionally. I'm just under a 2 finger gap.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

They are 18" afs replicas
mine was too low. I had to raise it up.

Users who are viewing this thread