• O/R X pipe

Votes: 29 28.2%
  • Catted X pipe

Votes: 22 21.4%
  • Pro chamber

Votes: 31 30.1%

• Total voters
I was curious...

Any of you guys who added an O/R midpipe actually check your A/F afterwards? Or are you guys confident that your MAF transfer is dialed in correctly?

2003cobra22

Corn Fed
Established Member
Pro chamber is real popular, Iv heard some setups but overall does it provide a deeper or louder tone over the o/r H?

TRQJUNKIE

Justa Slobra
Established Member
From what I've read, its not louder but more smooth. I think the H pipe is smooth myself but just has a case of the claps on accel. I think the PC eliminates that. We'll see when I install mine.

Mystic03

Established Member
Pro chamber is real popular, Iv heard some setups but overall does it provide a deeper or louder tone over the o/r H?

ill be making an exhaust video since lately a lot of people are curious of the prochamber. my set up is off road prochamber and slp lm1's it is very quiet on cruising and idle but wakes up under wot. here is the closest vid i have of the exhaust set up.

[youtube_browser]eznxHsyh59o[/youtube_browser]

Just had my o/r x put in last week and the sound is unbelievable with the Stingers. Incredibly quiet too at 75mph and up in 6th. The sound below 2300rpms is incredible. lol

TRQJUNKIE

Justa Slobra
Established Member
I just tried a mac o/r h with my stingers, and I found it to be too raspy around 2500rpm-3500rpm.

Your going to have that same loud/rasp in that RPM range with any brand X or H pipe. Chambered mufflers kill that crazy loudness through those RMP's.

Last edited:

2003cobra22

Corn Fed
Established Member
Kinda off topic but with any mid pipe will installing long tubes besides make it louder really help clean up the exhaust sound and tone?

Anyone running Bassini x pipe and Borla stingers?

I'm currently running a Bassani O/R X pipe with the Stingers. I replaced my Bassani catted X pipe with their O/R version. The O/R setup has such a cleaner sound. Sounds incredibly mean and loud when you get on it. But with some seat time you'll be able to regulate the go pedal so its not loud going past cops or driving at night on local streets.

Stage 4.6

Established Member
On my Cobra I have the Bassani catted X with the SLP cat-back, iam not crazy about the sound very loud when you get on it but mellow at cruising speed.
I have the Pro-chamber and MAC cat-back on my wife's GT and it sounds awesome, Deep muscle car sound.

TRQJUNKIE

Justa Slobra
Established Member
Well I just finished up yesterday installing the prochamber and magnapacks. I gotta say its pretty quiet and super smooth. In my opinion its too quiet and too smooth but has a nice deep growl. My previous setup was an o/r H-pipe and flomaster 44's. This new setup is quieter than my old one. I think I might try an X-pipe again to wake it up but with the magnapacks this time.

Hearing everyone rave about the prochamber being so awesome I gotta say I'm a little let down. However if you hate rasp and want something very tame, quiet, and smooth then the prochamber is just the thing for you. I just wish I could find that exhaust setup that I "LOVE"

2003cobra22

Corn Fed
Established Member
Well I just finished up yesterday installing the prochamber and magnapacks. I gotta say its pretty quiet and super smooth. In my opinion its too quiet and too smooth but has a nice deep growl. My previous setup was an o/r H-pipe and flomaster 44's. This new setup is quieter than my old one. I think I might try an X-pipe again to wake it up but with the magnapacks this time.

Hearing everyone rave about the prochamber being so awesome I gotta say I'm a little let down. However if you hate rasp and want something very tame, quiet, and smooth then the prochamber is just the thing for you. I just wish I could find that exhaust setup that I "LOVE"

That good to know im swapping the o/r H for a pro chamber with my magnapacks...H was alittle raspy I want smooth

Bruha

Thats what I thought
Established Member
It's a proven fact that a cobra should have an x-pipe. Just saying. lol

stangfreak

Established Member
The prochamber does quiet down the setup just a tad, but not by much. I tested out all midpipes on my car back in the day, and the prochamber did net more tq than the rest. hp was the same, but the tq was much higher. Its a midpipe known to make nice tq.

Users who are viewing this thread