Had a ball last night....

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Anything out of a can tastes like aluminum to me. But I have a really sensitive palate.

FJohnny

Established Member
I was thinking there should be a warning label on the can or box stating there is a plastic ball in each can.

LOL!

No kidding. Someone could sue them when they find a plastic 'Covid Ball' in their beer with no warning label. A sure $X.5 million.

When you pour Guiness into a glass do it as quickly as you can. The nitrogen bubbles are so small they make a cascading effect in the glass and appear to be sinking instead of floating.

X2 with the guy who said visit the Guiness factory in Dublin. Great attraction. Part of the tour teaches you to correctly pour and 'finish' a glass of Guiness after which you will receive a diploma and quaff beers on the roof.

Awesome.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
I love Guinness. To me, the first best way to drink Guinness is at the factory in Ireland. Second best? Out of the can. LOL. Poured into a glass, of course. I'm not a complete heathen.

This true. Whenever my wife travels I have a standing order for her to bring back beer and liquor from whatever country she visits. Last time she went to the UK she brought me back some Guinness in a pint bottle, at first I was disappointed because I don't like it but wow what a different beer than what we get here.

VegasMichael

Established Member
The info about the widget is on the side of the can you cut up. Also instructions on how to pour that beer. Maybe next time stick to PBR.
Jesus you are right. I never had a can of beer with directions on how to pour it or a message stating there's a ball in it. Never even thought to look. I drank it right from the can. I'm a neanderthal.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Literally. Was celebrating the end of my 29th year of teaching and found this in the can. WTF.
View attachment 1705420

Lol if that ****ed with your head its a good thing they took the "Rocket Widget" out of the glass bottle. Not sure how they got away with removing it from the bottle but still need the ball in the can. I guess you can drink from the bottle but supposed to pour the can? Foreign Extra is the one to get with the yellow label but it's a extra not a draught so has more dark flavor with like winter fruit flavor.
rocket_beer_full.jpg.01d651ab78c99ca7ba456bb44b63c86c.jpg

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Anything out of a can tastes like aluminum to me. But I have a really sensitive palate.
Even if you pour it into a glass? I imagine you'd be tasting the outside of the can as aluminum cans have liners.

I prefer cans because they are easier to deal with, lighter to fill the trash up with, and they last longer without getting skunked/off flavors from having O2 in the top. 99% of the time I pour a good beer into a glass, because the difference in taste is insane.

This all goes out the window with any light beer.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member

Sounds crazy but I agree for what ever reason Guiness from the can always has a metallic hint to it for me vs on tap, even pouring it out into a legit Guiness glass. I do agree with Austin though if I drink anything of quality I use a glass.

SecondhandSnake

Established Member
OP has lived 29 years on this planet and can't ****ing read labels on a can.

Sorry OP, just busting your balls.

Also Guinness in the can or the bottle tastes like trash. Draught or nothing. Foreign extra is awesome but it's damn near unobtanium. The Sam Adams nitro stout was even better than draught Guinness, but I think they discontinued it.

VegasMichael

Established Member
OP has lived 29 years on this planet and can't ****ing read labels on a can.

Sorry OP, just busting your balls.

Also Guinness in the can or the bottle tastes like trash. Draught or nothing. Foreign extra is awesome but it's damn near unobtanium. The Sam Adams nitro stout was even better than draught Guinness, but I think they discontinued it.
Ha! This is about as much as I ever read on a beer can:
upload_2021-5-28_11-10-25.jpeg

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
I’m sure you’ve swallowed worse while drinking ...

6 pack of Guinness cans and you could hypothetically string the balls together on a string. Probably look like beads or something.

As for OP, I laughed at the story. I don’t drink Guinness but I knew right where this story was going when I saw a gutted can.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
Good ole nitrogen ball. Everyone thinks Guinness is a thick beer, it’s actually not at all. It’s just dark, and it’s not even that strong of a beer.

a shot of Jameson and a tall cold glass of Guinness does the body good

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Good ole nitrogen ball. Everyone thinks Guinness is a thick beer, it’s actually not at all. It’s just dark, and it’s not even that strong of a beer.

a shot of Jameson and a tall cold glass of Guinness does the body good

Actually I think it's weaker than Bud even. It's a good beer for things like company parties, low alcohol, mild flavor but the nitrogen gives it that rich filling texture, no CO2 beer burps too.

**** you for the last part though. Been so long and it's a holiday weekend. There is no way I'm not doing Irish Car Bombs (actually kinda racist when you think about it) this weekend, totally, probably thanks to the car bombs now, forgot about them. Used to start any night at the bar with at least one. Really sets the mood for the rest of the evening.

Last edited:

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
6 pack of Guinness cans and you could hypothetically string the balls together on a string. Probably look like beads or something.

As for OP, I laughed at the story. I don’t drink Guinness but I knew right where this story was going when I saw a gutted can.

Jesus Christ hahahahhaa

Users who are viewing this thread