Had a question for billetflow

GtownMACH

smoke tires, not drugs
Established Member
Thought i'd post this question rather than email billetflow just in case any others were wondering the same thing. I've been reading all the bad things about the stock idlers failing and causing havoc when they do. And a few days ago i got a REAL bad whine and a few random clicks and clacks from the front of the motor at idle and up through the rpm... like BAD bearings. I thought it was my blower making the noise, but after reading some threads it sounds like the idler pulley symptoms. And as of right now, i'm not sure if i want to pulley the car or not. My question is, can run billetflow's 4 piece idler set w/ my stock blower pulley? Wouldnt i just need to get a 77in belt and thats it? And then if i wanted to put a smaller blower pulley on in the future, couldn't i just get a shorter belt and thats it?? Thanks in advance.

SickBlackMach

Throttling back
Established Member
My question is, can run billetflow's 4 piece idler set w/ my stock blower pulley? Wouldnt i just need to get a 77in belt and thats it? And then if i wanted to put a smaller blower pulley on in the future, couldn't i just get a shorter belt and thats it?? Thanks in advance.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but... you can replace the other 3 pullies with no problem, but trying to run an aux idler with the larger stock pulley wont work, as I don't think they would physically fit.

heck man, i say.. either just replace your 3 idlers and save for the interchangeable upper and aux idler... or do it all at once.

FWIF, Trust me... after you swap out the upper (new plugs/belt& tune it) You will have a HUGE smile on your face... I remember thinking "why did I wait so long to do this?" but then again... I only had to wait for a day or 2 to swap the pulley out :p

GtownMACH

smoke tires, not drugs
Established Member
so is that a no to the question? I asked if there was any way to run your idlers w/ a stock blower pulley. Can someone at least attempt to answer and stop worrying about my sig?

SickBlackMach

Throttling back
Established Member
so is that a no to the question? I asked if there was any way to run your idlers w/ a stock blower pulley. Can someone at least attempt to answer and stop worrying about my sig?

:read:Like I said... I have a 2.93 with a 100mm aux and it's already a very tight fit...
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but... you can replace the other 3 pullies with no problem, but trying to run an aux idler with the larger stock pulley wont work, as I don't think they would physically fit.

Fuerza

Established Member

You can't run an auxillary idler braket with a stock blower pulley it will be too big. You have a couple of options. Order stock replacement pulley from Steve or order replacement idlers from Metco, Billetflow, LFP. Stock pulleys are 90mm. The companys I mentioned earlyier all sell 90mm and 100mm pulley.

Users who are viewing this thread