Had a rough day.

Forged2000L

Established Member
Well, I was driving my truck to work the yesterday and I figured i would stop at BK for some cheap breakfast before work. I was sitting in line at the drive threw and noticed a ticking coming from my truck, it worried me a little but I got my food and went to work.

I pull the truck into the shop (I work at a garage) and put it on a rack to change the oil, check everything over and hunt own the ticking. I finished the oil change and started up the truck and the ticking was very noticeable, I had a few techs come check it out with me and we narrowed it down to thinking it was the idler pulley's ticking. I was somewhat relieved and after work got out I went to the local car show in Bourne, MA that is held once a week. Hung around there for awhile with a few other l's and my good friend with his 04 cobra. On our way home I flipped my nitrous on and looked at the dash and noticed my battery light was on and I had lost power steering......at this point I'm like ah wtf, the pulley's must have locked right up, I pull over and pop the hood, started the truck and saw that neither belt would move, I turned the truck off and got towed back to the shop.

We started working on it today and thought that maybe the keyway had snapped.....nope....my damn crank bolt snapped right off. When the motor was built the brilliant guys over at MPE must have over torqued the bolt, since there is no reason it should snap. At this point we have tried easy outing the bolt but it didn't work so we drilled it out and when a chuck of the bolt came out we saw traces of lock tight on it :cuss: . We tapped the crack out and we are going to use a stud and fix the problem, but what a pain in the ass, were going to have to pull the timing cover to replace the keyway......such a headache for such a stupid reason.

Thanks for listening lol, I needed to rant a bit.

I hate you MPE... :bash:

Forged2000L

Established Member
Im assuming its a stock replacement bolt. I'm hoping to get it back up and running by the middle of the week as long as everything goes smooth.

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
MPE is a local shop up in Whitman Ma that deals with hipo cars.
So i guess you wont be going to the dyno day they are having tomorrow huh?

Forged2000L

Established Member
Nope, def didnt go to their Dyno Day. Ill be doing my tuning at Performance Auto and Dyno in Plymouth Mass from now on. Travis Johnson knows his shit.

Users who are viewing this thread