Had the car tuned today. How do these numbers sound...

holiks03cobra

Established Member
I don't see any reason to be disappointed. 775/760 is badass......throw on a set of 17" rubberbands out rear and hunt around for a happy dyno....bet you get the 800+.....with no other changes. Still the same car and powerplant at the end of the day.
I'm not disappointed. The car feels strong. It's like running a 10.00 at the track when you want 9's lol. I definitely agree with everything you said.

MG0h3

Established Member
damn so you only got one revised tune? Id follow up for sure or get with 04Sleeper on here.

holiks03cobra

Established Member
Why didn't you bump the compression to 10.1 or 10.5:1?
Just curious.
And why 98 cams as well.
For compression I really don't know why I didn't go higher.
I did the 98 cams to keep the price of the build down and they are slightly better the stock.
Honestly if could do it all over again I would've went with higher compression, lowered boost, and did custom cams.

Acunamatata

Established Member
My new motor is 10.5:1 compression.
Why did I go with that CR?
I was talked in to it from the guy that I got my built parts from.

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
Did you degree the cams or just install them "straight up"

What type of dyno?

How much boost were you running? How much boost on the old engine were you running?

Is this a Standard 2.9L or a Crusher?

What kind of tires on the car when you dynoed? (Yes this can make a big difference)

What did IATs look like on the dyno?

Can you post a picture of the dynosheet?

holiks03cobra

Established Member
Did you degree the cams or just install them "straight up"
Shop that put the motor together was supposed to degree them and said they did.
What type of dyno?
Dynojet
How much boost were you running? How much boost on the old engine were you running?
24/25lbs on both
Is this a Standard 2.9L or a Crusher?
Standard 2.9
What kind of tires on the car when you dynoed? (Yes this can make a big difference)
Old style Mickey Thompson DR 315/35/17
What did IATs look like on the dyno?
Honestly don't know. I was in the car for a couple pills but was watching fp
Can you post a picture of the dynosheet?
I'll see what I can do

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
Hey juiced46, my answers to your questions are in your quote.

I would say for your situation. Upping compression 1 point, minor cam change with the same boost +50rwhp is pretty good. Especually for not having a Crusher which is choking you. You are not going to get massive gains from the compression bump. The cam degreeing would play a role. On your build sheet from the engine builder does it mention what they were degreed at?

Last edited:

holiks03cobra

Established Member
I would say for your situation. Upping compression 1 point, minor cam change with the same boost +50rwhp is pretty good. Especually for not having a Crusher which is choking you. You are not going to get massive gains from the compression bump. The cam degreeing would play a role. On your build sheet from the engine builder does it mention what they were degreed at?
Gotcha. I want the crusher but seen a post malcolm had about pulling the 2.9 apart to install it and it looks like a pita. The only number for the cams on there is 114.5

holiks03cobra

Established Member
17522681_1294796047236016_3525131056827525284_n.jpg

The guy running the car on the dyno said the dip and spike was spark blowout. Plugs are gapped at .026

braindontstop31

Established Member
I know what your talking about wanting to see the "800" number, I felt the same way with my setup, I thought for sure I would see "600" number but did not. It's easy to caught up in the number race. Your car is beast in the video!

Users who are viewing this thread