HAHA The Chevy Guy likes my truck!

bda1855

Member of the Boosted16
Established Member
:coolman: So my Fiance took my truck to get Aligned today.... she called me right now and told me that the Tech was a total Chevy guy (guess he told her all this)....

anyhow... he asked to check out the engine and what not and said

"im a die hard Chevy guy but this truck is amazing, and i wouldnt kick it out of my garage ever!"

HAHA sweet!

usaf_eagle

Established Member
my dads a chevy guy.. so i never let him drive the lightning.. drove him nuts.. he got lucky once and drove me home from a bar.. now all he talks about is "hows the lightning doing?"

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
bda1855 said:
:coolman: So my Fiance took my truck to get Aligned today.... she called me right now and told me that the Tech was a total Chevy guy (guess he told her all this)....

anyhow... he asked to check out the engine and what not and said

"im a die hard Chevy guy but this truck is amazing, and i wouldnt kick it out of my garage ever!"

HAHA sweet!

You should take him for a ride.;-)

monsterpost

Established Member
Illtaketwlight said:
Just watch out because you may run into a 50k GT500 that kicks your A$$:-D

The C6 Z06 is one bad a$$ car, stock for stock the Z06 wins:D Don't get me wrong I like the GT 500, its just not in the same league as the Z06. If your modded well then all bets are off.

morrison_205

Established Member
my best friend is a chevy guy. he and his dad stuff big blocks in 1500s as their hobby and they both love to see the L run. they think they are building the one to give the L a loss right now, its a 1500 cheyenne all stripped down with a 350 vortec out of a tahoe and they are going to be spraying.

Illtaketwlight whered you get a gt-500 for 50 Gs? what mods do you have? cuz i was just reading a road and track that shows the gt500 is more comparible to the corvette z51 both having 12.8ets rather than the z06 which is 8 tenths faster in the 1/4 mile and a full second faster 0-60 than both stock. not to mention how they say they compare in the braking and hadling catagory. check out the january 2007 edition of Road&Track.

Illtaketwlight

Established Member
morrison_205 said:
my best friend is a chevy guy. he and his dad stuff big blocks in 1500s as their hobby and they both love to see the L run. they think they are building the one to give the L a loss right now, its a 1500 cheyenne all stripped down with a 350 vortec out of a tahoe and they are going to be spraying.

Illtaketwlight whered you get a gt-500 for 50 Gs? what mods do you have? cuz i was just reading a road and track that shows the gt500 is more comparible to the corvette z51 both having 12.8ets rather than the z06 which is 8 tenths faster in the 1/4 mile and a full second faster 0-60 than both stock. not to mention how they say they compare in the braking and hadling catagory. check out the january 2007 edition of Road&Track.
I cant say where I got it for that. I had to sign a contract stating that it would stay confidential. I can say that much. Its stock for now.300 miles. 5.0 mag this month has a stocker running 12.30's Low 11.00's with a few mods. I did consider a ZO6. I went and drove it. It fast but its just not me. Nice car though. I just ran back to Ford as fast as my L would go.:-D and never looked back. I'm sure that there is alot of vett guy's that feel the same. I guess I'm just a Ford guy at hart. I'm in Love is all I can say..............

IneritaSVT

Fuel Slut
Established Member
I cant say where I got it for that. I had to sign a contract stating that it would stay confidential. I can say that much. Its stock for now.300 miles. 5.0 mag this month has a stocker running 12.30's Low 11.00's with a few mods. I did consider a ZO6. I went and drove it. It fast but its just not me. Nice car though. I just ran back to Ford as fast as my L would go. and never looked back. I'm sure that there is alot of vett guy's that feel the same. I guess I'm just a Ford guy at hart. I'm in Love is all I can say..............
If you ever read the vetty forums there is a guy ranger in a C6 Z06 with nothing but drag RADIALS running 10.8X even with stock paper filter.

Illtaketwlight

Established Member
IneritaSVT said:
If you ever read the vetty forums there is a guy ranger in a C6 Z06 with nothing but drag RADIALS running 10.8X even with stock paper filter.
I never said that they don't run. I have a bunch of track time and have seen what they can do. But for 80k they should run. Its still just a Vett to me and I'll take my GT500 over a Vett any day. Dollar for Dollar hands down. Most of the guys Ive seen at the track with Vett's couldn't drive for shit. They were lucky to run low 12's.

Last edited:

bigdawg77

Need New hotrod
Established Member
Illtaketwlight said:
I never said that they don't run. I have a bunch of track time and have seen what they can do. But for 80k they should run. Its still just a Vett to me and I'll take my GT500 over a Vett any day. Dollar for Dollar hands down. Most of the guys Ive seen at the track with Vett's couldn't drive for shit. They were lucky to run low 12's.

Thats the truth even I freely admit that

Users who are viewing this thread