half mile racing

Bracketbomber

Established Member
Hello everyone. I've been away for quite some time but I'm back now. I have found yet another way to enjoy the Lightning. For the past 2 years I have been doing the 1/2 mile top speed thing at the Battle Creek airport in Battle Creek Michigan. If any of you Lightning owners want to know what a standing start 1/2 mile top speed is like, you can contact Speedfest Battle Creek. It is held during the 4th of July week. My best in 95* heat was 127 MPH, my truck is mostly stock except for a tune, cat back exhaust and upper pulley, dragstrip best on hankook tires was 12.75@108. If any of you could make the trip, you should.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Sounds like fun. Hopefully the word will get out. Oh, and welcome back! I see you are one of the early SVTP members.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I’m in Toledo area and have been looking for some local 1/2 and/or standing mile races.
If the Battle Creek event builds hopefully they’ll add a spring and/or fall date?
How is the surface?
Any link?
Thanks for the heads up.
-J

Bracketbomber

Established Member
Yup, that be me. It'd be nice with some hometown folks. Paul was there with the red Cobra this past year. Hope to see you there next year. Tom
P.S. I actually have a JDM tune on the truck.

Users who are viewing this thread